Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 04:45 AM   #1
TheOneWraith

Here's the situation: I am having many lockups, one I had when I was trying to get to the government...um...area in Athkatla, next was just when I loaded a save game, next was when I was in Umar Hills looking for a certain person(see how I avoided that spoiler!) I can't enter any houses so far.

Notes- I have a P3 450 megs of ram, and a voodoo 3 (yes, I have 32-bit off), I have reinstalled the game a few times inbetween these crash events, and the symptoms are always the same: a COMPLETELY black screen with a short windows 98 warning beep in the background, I am always running on full install. I have installed this game a total of around TWENTY TIMES in TWO DAYS.

Please help me, I'm on my knees! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Now I'm playing MUGEN to relieve some stress.

-THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! in advance

Old 01-02-2001, 04:53 AM   #2
RoninX

Have you downloaded the patch,that might help? If not you might consider e-mail tech support. I realy hope this helps you as BG2 is an excellent game.

Old 01-02-2001, 04:59 AM   #3
G.W.

I suspect you should turn 3D acceleration off. Works fine without it. This isn't a 3d game anyway so you don't miss anything.

Old 01-02-2001, 09:27 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Maybe thats the prob. Try cleaning first your cd, cd-rom, and then reinstall on the required. If it works, install the full. If both doesn't work, try the patch. if the patch doesn't work, it the cd. Ive had the same prob before.
Old 01-02-2001, 06:49 PM   #5
TheOneWraith

Thanks all, for helping me, just so you know, I have had the latest patch installed since the day I first installed this great game, I will try these suggestions.

(Bahamut, when you say it's the CD, I assume you mean the files are messed up)

Old 01-02-2001, 08:28 PM   #6
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

note: have you ever thought your computer was the problem?? (just a thought)