Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Possible spoiler ahead
I've been having the problem that everyone else has been having with the mandrake root and the wyvern poisons. Since no one in my group has a high enough alchemy skill OR an intimidate skill I have decided to resort to... CHEATING. So can somebody please tell me how to set up the console?

[ 02-27-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Piestrider ]
Old 02-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Open the Icewind Dale II config program, wich by default is at:

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II\Config.exe

And in there, activate the cheat console.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

If you go to www.planetbaldursgate.com and click on icewind dale 2 it will also tell you all of the quick cheats such as ctrl+k for kill creature, it will tell you alot of others to such as increase XP
Old 02-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

oh by the way when you are playing you press ctrl+tab to bring up the window where you type
Old 02-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Jaramira
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlak The Axeman:
If you go to www.planetbaldursgate.com and click on icewind dale 2 it will also tell you all of the quick cheats such as ctrl+k for kill creature, it will tell you alot of others to such as increase XP
Would this work on the Gardian Dragon?

[img]graemlins/wizardtrouble.gif[/img]

Or will I die like last time?

[img]graemlins/bricks.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

Most of the time quick kill cheats such as (ctrl + K) will only work on monsters and beings that you come across 5 or more times eg goblins or drow mages in IWD1. These are quite powerful but for things such as great dragons that are 'boss' creatures or part of the quest, quick kills will have no effect. It is the same for BG. Such as when you fight irenicus and saravok
Old 03-01-2003, 04:53 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlak The Axeman:
Most of the time quick kill cheats such as (ctrl + K) will only work on monsters and beings that you come across 5 or more times eg goblins or drow mages in IWD1. These are quite powerful but for things such as great dragons that are 'boss' creatures or part of the quest, quick kills will have no effect. It is the same for BG. Such as when you fight irenicus and saravok
But if you realy want to cheat, you can simply heal yourself allt he time. It's even better than insta kill, as you get no xp for insta-kill.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:22 PM   #8
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks, I'll try that. (well except for the whole "quick kill" thing) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 01:54 PM   #9
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Okay, I got the console set up but now I have one more problem. Does anyone know the code for a bottle of wyvern poison?

EDIT: I actually made the wyvern poison without resorting to cheating. I also got the mandrake root without cheating either! woohoo! go me!

[ 03-01-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Piestrider ]
Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 AM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I tried this to get the modified mandrake root after several reloads with the ghost.
When I ctrl-tabbed and entered 61GENMR it didn't give me the modified mandrake root, it just said "nice try cheater".
Does anyone know either a non cheat way around this glitch or a way to make the cheat work. I dont like to use a cheat but it seems the only way around this glitch.