Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 08:31 AM   #11
Cayle
The Magister

Welcome!

I highly recommend playing BG1 first and taking this character into BG2. This is both for technical reasons (BG2 is more sophisticated) and for role-play reasons. If you are familiar with the AD&D rules, it should be easy to decide on a character that you would want to take from 1st level through 20+ (with all expansions including the upcoming one). If not, then create several characters and experiment.

Some people settle on the party NPCs very early to take control over their development, but you may want to "meet people" before deciding on a final makeup. Some of the NPCs (but not all) who can join the party are the same in both games. I will not spoil it for you, but check the NPC section of the BG2 manual. If you see a familiar name (the portraits change) in your BG1 travels, you might want to travel with these individuals (at least for a while). In BG2 it assumed that you know these people and this adds to the sense that you do.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-08-2001, 08:35 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, you can see Baldurs gate like an idea to make the ordinary Advanced Dungeouns and Dragons to the computer with good graphic and good music.
You start out as a poor character advancing in levels as with the usual RPG´s.
The story is compelling and much like any ordinary adventure you can find to ADD games.
You can have a party with your character and up to five other NPC´s that you control.

From there on, it´s just pure magic!!

It is hard to describe, you have to try it. And once through BG you will love BG2....

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 08:39 AM   #13
VTEC_Redge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I see, sounds complicated! Looks like it's possible to start off with several different characters, all of which lead to a different storyline, or make it easier or harder etc. Heck! Oh well, should be interesting if nothing else!

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well
I will find a centre in you
I will chew it up and leave
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down...."
>TOOL - Sober
Old 05-08-2001, 09:36 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by VTEC_Redge:
From what I see, sounds complicated! Looks like it's possible to start off with several different characters, all of which lead to a different storyline, or make it easier or harder etc. Heck! Oh well, should be interesting if nothing else!

You can say that again!
Thats one of the greatness with this game. You can play it over and over and have to pöay with different styles concerning who is in your party and what kind of character you play.. Have fun and explore!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 03:10 PM   #15
Tom
Elminster

Remember to get some sleep.