Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
Silversten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The shop keeper in ma'vars guild hall sells unlimited maces +2 and he is also thievable and accepts stolen goods. this makes it so you can take pots of master thievery and then steal and sell back very fast. does a patch fix this? Its very easy to exploit.
Silversten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
McHaggis
Manshoon

And did you know that one of the merchant in the drow city sells unlimited Harbringer +3 Two-handed sword? I noticed it just recently as I was.. Um.. acquiring wealth. [img]smile.gif[/img] But sadly he doesn't buy fenced goods.
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Three other stores that suffer from this bug: Bernard's store in its second incarnation (that is, after you complete the quest) has unlimited number of Prismatic Spray scrolls for sale; Enge's shop has unlimited number of (lesser?) Healing Potions for sale; Finally, the Adventurer's Mart has unlimited number of Rings of Air.

Fortunately (!), none of these merchants accept stolen goods. The last thing BG2 needs is yet another exploit.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

well a merchant selling an unlimited supply of an item would obviously be a bug
and buying twelve maces to equip your whole party to dual-wield would be exploiting it

Stealing from a merchant and selling the goods to another merchant that does accept stolen goods is role-playing.

Stealing from a merchant and selling the goods back to himself is assuming he is either blind or extremely dumb. this can however be done with any merchant who accepts stolen goods even if he does not have unlimited items. Just sell him something expensive (Full Plate +1, Rogue Stone, ...) steal it back, sell it, steal, sell, steal, sell steal, ...

Another bad bug is that the Priestess in Sahuagin city (prepatched versions) will sell items cheaper than buying them if your Charisma and Reputation are high enough.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:15 AM   #5
Silversten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

are they ever going to fix this stuff in patches or do they just not care anymore?
Silversten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:54 AM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Alson, the adventurers mart also suffers from an overdose of a particular 2-handed sword once the party (or if the party ) returns from the underdark.

And I can't for the life of me remember what the blasted sword is called... it's +4 and 2-handed...
Old 06-20-2003, 05:23 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
And I can't for the life of me remember what the blasted sword is called... it's +4 and 2-handed...
Warblade?! I don't remember Ribald having an endless supply of them...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:40 AM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversten:
are they ever going to fix this stuff in patches or do they just not care anymore?
The bug with the priestess is fixed in the patches.
Shopkeepers accepting their own stolen goods may not be fixable easily and therefore will remain an exploitable issue.

And for unlimited items: I don't see why a shopkeeper shouldn't have more than one Mace+2 and as you are probably not going to buy more than two or three it does not really matter if he has three or infinite supply. As for being exploited by stealing that way it's all about the "selling him back his own property" bug.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Another exploitable bug is that archers can wear drow plate mail *Shrug*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:59 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Another exploitable bug is that archers can wear drow plate mail *Shrug*
What? I never knew that. Thank you Kat!-good thing dor Leslie`s archer [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-20-2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote