Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2003, 05:06 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

So there I was, in a doozey daze when suddenly, in a fit of madness, one silly idea met with another silly idea and produced a most devious spell combination. Alson will most probably have the best chance of figuring out what I am talking about, so I will leave it up to him and the others to think about it for a day before I elaborate more.

For starters... how many of you would think I went stark bonkers if I told you that the Limited Wish option to summon a horde of bunnies is a component of the most damaging spell combination I have ever created yet?

How does an average of 1670-26720 area-of-effect damage plus potential extras sound to you( within the frame of a Time Stop)? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] This is assuming that your Sorcerer has 9 Level 7 spell castings. Attainable with equipment from SoA-ToB and ToB HLAs of course. Assuming everything went right, the therotical maximum you can get is a whooping nuclear 106880 damage PLUS extras.

Unbelievable? Believe it.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:10 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's something like this: you summon all the rabbits, and then you cast a spell that allow you to chose "horrid wilthing" on everything on the screen, or something like that.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:15 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
It's something like this: you summon all the rabbits, and then you cast a spell that allow you to chose "horrid wilthing" on everything on the screen, or something like that.
Bingo!

Dang! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I was hoping that it would take a bit longer before the answer was revealed. [img]tongue.gif[/img] In any case, that is indeed the tactic. Now I wonder if I am the first to be crazy enough to think of it? Coz I have not heard of anyone else doing this.

In the event that I am indeed the first, I hereby call this the "Bunny Nukes" tactic.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
Brennihelvete

Oh my, 20x Abi Dalzim...plus plus...
What on earth would ever survive that?
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Brennihelvete:
Oh my, 20x Abi Dalzim...plus plus...
What on earth would ever survive that?
The Sorcerer casting it.

ADD] Oh, and it is more like more than 160 ADHWs, because 8 Limited Wishes spawns a lot of bunnies.

[ 01-13-2003, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 01-13-2003, 05:44 AM   #6
Baros
Manshoon

One word: why?

(and "because I can", isn't an answer)

Baros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:48 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Baros:
One word: why?
(and "because I can", isn't an answer)
Coz I want to imagine the look on the enemy Bosses' faces as they realise to their horror, they are going to suffer death by bunnies. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not to mention that it will bring a very swift end to most boss fights, if a little bizzare.

Arcade Commentor,

"You Have Been Bunny Nuked."
Old 01-13-2003, 06:25 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

I did think of this a while back, but never tried it. The only drawback with it is that it will throw an abi-dhalzim's at everything in the area, including things you dont want to hurt.

I think Ill stick with the previous version though. After the first thousand, the damage total becomes slightly irrelevant.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:50 AM   #9
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Isnt the nuke party friendly? Or does (limi)Wish change it?
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Alson will most probably have the best chance of figuring out what I am talking about, so I will leave it up to him and the others to think about it for a day before I elaborate more.
Yep, figured it out by myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Too bad Luvian and school took the first place from me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
How does an average of 1670-26720 area-of-effect damage plus potential extras sound to you( within the frame of a Time Stop)? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] This is assuming that your Sorcerer has 9 Level 7 spell castings. Attainable with equipment from SoA-ToB and ToB HLAs of course. Assuming everything went right, the therotical maximum you can get is a whooping nuclear 106880 damage PLUS extras.

Unbelievable? Believe it.
Bravo! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Your creativity never cease to amazing me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep it up!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote