Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

minor spoil regarding windspear hills

for all those magic users out there and those who are familiar with this spell, im sure you guys have used this spell more than once. it is kinda long so bear with me. it is a story i made recalling the first time i played bg2 with my very first character. [img]smile.gif[/img]

let me tell you my story then on the very first time i have gotten this spell.

it started in windspear hills, as excited my Necromancer has been on getting a new and powerful level 7 spell (plus experience points) and finally have written them in his spell book, he could not wait and test out this new and mysterious spell. Written in the parchment, it says that i will be able to summon a genie to fulfill a wish that could greatly or drastically improve thy party strength or skill. so being energetic and excited i am i memorized twice the limited wish spell. unfortunatly, greatly need of rest to be able to cast this spell, the party had to rest since Aerie and Misc were greviouly wounded in thier battle against the golems (adamite golems that is). rested indeed we have in the deepest part of the dungeon , and my necro finally started to cast the spell, as indeed as predicted, the genie came out and asked for my wish. i chose the given components carefully truly facinated on what he can give me. making sure i have memorized these options for further use (because i still have one more) i opted to select healing to all my party memebers.

after the initial excitment has gone down, i am off to see firkaag, the enemy in this dark dungeon. in my party, misnc, jaheria, aerie, viconia, yoshimo and myself, were nevous to face our enemy here in this dungeon. casting protection spells, and alike ( i didnt know what firkaag looked like yet), we charged into this chambers slowing down wondering why this is such a huge chamber. finally noticing a huge dark form ahead, we started in shock as firkaag was no other than a great red dragon. after the initial conversation blah blah blah, my companions and i decided to destroy the beast once and for all. charging with our weapons drawn (we were about level 13 to 14 that time) we attacked firkaag with everything we had. alas that was not enough, one by one our companions were barly alive, great misc was dead by a dragon blast that not even his beserker fury could not help him, aerie and jaheria were nearly all out of spells, viconia and yoshimo could barly hold off his attack. but our efforts also paid off as well, the dragon was heavily bleeding on all sides and looks about to die as well. my necro nealy all out of offensive and defensive spells, was desperate enough as well to check his memory on what available spells he has left. suddenly remembering the wish spell and its options, he summoned the genie and with confidence he wished for a horde of monsters. thinking this would greatly help him aid in the task as the monsters would indeed help him destroy this dragon, the genie summoned indeed a horde. a horde of CHICKENS!!!!! to my shock, the genie sumoned bunches and bunches of chickens at my sides, squacking and pecking my uniform. to my great amusement, shock and relief, the great dragon seeing a threat, rushed out and chased every last one of them (chickens) to my great satisfaction giving jaheria enough time to stake a spear into his heart defeating the great dragon once and for all.

the moral of the story, test your spells first before using them in battle. i got lucky that time... chickens indeed.... [img]tongue.gif[/img] . i also used that spell in different occassions for distraction purposes against the monsters [img]smile.gif[/img] in later battles though.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

Nice! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Yes, this use of the Limited Wish spell is quite known... These Rabbits (i'm quite positive they are Rabbits) are one the best fodder spells. Enemies will target them over the party anyday, allowing you to quickly gather your forced and rearrange.
A way both fun and effective to win battles!

[ 12-30-2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
Brennihelvete

Well good thing it turned into your favor then =), it would have been worse if the djinni summoned a horde of monsters against you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #4
dark soul
The Magister

limited wish spell is ok......i just hate the "i wish all my spell is restored" wish......either my wisdom is to low(its 16)....or its a very stupid wish cuz he restore them by makin me not remember any of my spells
dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 07:37 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I always keep a scroll of limited wish handy when playing as a solo sorc for just that reason. It has saved my skin several times when my defensive spells fail or are depleted. It certainly came as a surprise to me when i first used it. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote