Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 12:44 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

just bumping you - vested interest and all
Old 02-07-2001, 10:02 AM   #2
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi.

I've suffered this problem in single player (particularly if there's a lot happening on screen) and in multi-player.
Unfortunately Cloudbringer was suffering the same problem in our multi-player last night. Zoratorak kindly posted a list of things which should help. I can't find or remember the thread that it was in,.... save the fact that it was a long one. I can't get the search facility to work and wondered if anyone can give a couple of pointers that may help her/us in this matter...thanks.

On a slightly different note.
I originally done a partial install due to space available. The loading times were, on occasion ridiculous. I've now got more room available to me and would like to do a full install. Will this affect anything?... and do I have to uninstall and then re-install or is it possible to install over the top of my already partially installed game? Pointers appreciated...PC Thicko at the helm.
Cheers.
Old 02-07-2001, 10:13 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Charlie. Well first of all I don´t know much about our computer but if you beat the minimum requirements you will be as bothered as the rest of us ae. You can take out the animations and 3d support in the game. Also try to lower the pathfining a bit. If you can change to 16 bit graphics and hav only static animations. You can also remove some of them. Also see to that before you start playing that you shutoff as many programs as possible, try to take out a few of the programs running in your taskbar.
Well either than this see if you could gain something with different screen resolutions.
Old 02-07-2001, 01:09 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

As far as the install goes, you will need to find the Setup file on CD1. In theory, running Setup should allow you to do a full install. When the program says that it is going to copy over existing files with updates, just click "yes to all." This should just update all of the new files and keep ones that you may have created on your own (save game files, characters, patches, shadowkeeper, . . .). Mind you, I haven't tried this, but based on past experience with installing programs, this is what should happen.

Option 2 is to move all of your save game files, character files, and others to a new location (floppy disk or other) and then uninstall what you have. Then install the program the way you want. The only problem with this second option is that you will have to reinstall patches, shadowkeeper, and any other BG2 enchancements/alterations you have established.

I remember reading Zoratorak's reply and remember him suggesting that all of the players in the multi-player session have the same cache setting. I can't get the search function to work from my current location either -- so don't get frustrated with that. Maybe someone can post the link to that post. I don't know how to do that.

Good luck,

Father Bronze
Old 02-07-2001, 02:54 PM   #5
Valen

it is here
or here