Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
babtin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed lots of crab-o-the-sea and got 3 tanks. I still need more shells to get more tanks and have killed at least 20 more of those things but don't get any more shells. Is there some kind of limit? or can you only get tanks once.I also didn't get any helmets. Do I need shells to get these? I keep going around and killing crabs, but no shells. Hope I am not wasting time doing this.
babtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 04:00 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's a random thing. You're just having a run of old-fashioned bad luck...the RNG doesn't like you right now! Another idea: Not all the crabs carry shells, and those that do, don't always drop them. BUT: you can pickpocket them for shells even if they won't drop them. Get a character high up in pickpocket to attempt it on them before they drop the shell.

ALSO: not all characters need to go through Collasium. All you need in there is the 3 tablets. There is a lot of good treasure in there, though, so you may want as many inventories as possible to cart it all out.

Make sure you take a character with the 6th level "Breath of Air" spell too! Even with the breathers, you can run out of air if you're not careful.

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-02-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 04:02 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, babtin!!!

When you finally go to the underwater city be certain to watch for pockets of air near the ceilings! These will prove most useful!

Good luck with shell hunting!!
Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 10:30 PM   #4
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Does turning up the spawn frequency give you more crabs to hunt?

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 10:39 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, it does. Also, hunt the waters around Skull Island and also the harbor of Brimloch Roon. They tend to spawn pretty frequently around there.

Also: it REALLY helps to have someone with the Scout skill in the party, as you can't see them under the water. Scout is better than "Spirit Eye", as it shows up even the most ridiculously puny fish.

-Sazerac
Old 05-02-2001, 11:17 PM   #6
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

Do you mean you can't see them from above the water? I felt like I could see them pretty far away as long as I stayed under the water. As soon as I got my first helmet and rebreather I equiped them on one character who had pickpocket and sent him out alone to hunt by swimming underwater. When I got a second set I sent two hunters out to swim underwater looking for crabs.

I did use Spirit Eye tho, so next time I'll try using Scout. Thanks.

Ladybug
Old 05-03-2001, 12:22 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Um, yes, actually, that's what I meant, when you're sailing in the boat. You really can't see them. Now if you're swimming underwater, no problem (especially if you already have the gear). It helps, though, if you're in the boat, to have your scout cry out "Crab at 2 O'clock!" and everyone plunges over the side Okay, so it really doesn't happen QUITE like that, but that's how I "hear" them say it.

-Sazerac
Old 05-03-2001, 08:12 AM   #8
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

I love it! I will certainly hunt them from my boat next time.

Ladybug

[This message has been edited by Ladybug (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 09:10 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Having the SCOUTING skill was probably most useful at this point in the game! Made it much easier to find crabs/shells!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote