Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry, Cloudy... *hides the chocolate bagels*

Ermmm... here's a whole-wheat low-calorie multi-grain high-fiber bagel with organic soy-based cream cheese for you...

*ducks before it gets thrown back*

Congrats on the size and a half! Every journey begins with single steps... sounds like you've been takin' more than a few steps there!

*realizes there's no way for a male to discuss weight loss with a female and escape unscathed*

Make that... Congrats!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'll take the bagel, but keep that 'cream cheese'! *wonders if the chocolate kisses would go good with the bagel*

ROTFL! No worries, Bungleau! My spouse and I are doing Weight Watchers and have dropped substantial numbers of pounds to date. [img]smile.gif[/img] It isn't always easy, but we decided it was time to do something to change our way of eating and make healthy choices for life and there are ups and downs but we're doing ok and I'm proud of the hubby! I don't think it's easy for you male types to tackle major food issues and do the 'healthy thing' without a cringe or two. Being told he could still have steak, fruit and pasta/bread on WW made a HUGE difference for Nacht, though!

[ 11-16-2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #13
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Good save Bungleau [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It's past half of NaNoWriMo and I'm at a crossroads. I've wrote 20,000 and, in my opinion, my novel sucks. Now, I can do one of two things:
1) Continue. Write 50,000 words of rubbish (that make sense obv.) and say "Yay I won".
2) Start again. Add the 20,000 to my wordcount and write 30,000 of a new novel, then say "Yay I won kind of".

I haven't decided, but I've asked a few people from my WoW guild (as they expressed interest) if they would read *some* of it, if they aren't busy of course. I hope they get busy soon.

On a total none-novel note, all is well over in sunny (read - cold) England. Playing football at about half 5, which should be good fun.

Got to go get wrapped up, it's gonna be cold tonight.

On a football note, well done to the Aussie's for getting into the World Cup.

[sarcasm] I noticed there weren't any threads about it *grin* [/sarcasm off]

Well done anyway, and especially well done to Mark Schwarzer and Viduka (just 'cause they are Boro players)
Old 11-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ack the world cup is following me everywhere I go here.. LOL But yes, congrats to the denizens of OZ for their team making it!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #15
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ack the world cup is following me everywhere I go here.. LOL But yes, congrats to the denizens of OZ for their team making it!
*imagines the World Cup on feet chasing Cloudy everywhere*
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Imagine 20.000 Dutch footballsupporters chasing the worldcup that's chasing Cloudy.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*sees Links post and laughs...then sees johhny's post and shrieks* ACK! Wait...are they cute guys with shorts on or are we talking balding older couch potato types in stained sweatsuits who're belching and groaning about their bad knees as they run after the worldcup?

edit: PS, Link, ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! That was too funny!

[ 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #18
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Bloody orthodonitsts who think they know what they're doing... when I went in for my retainer checks, I told them every time that I couldn't wear it because it bothered my mouth. Their response? A sigh and telling me to wear it as much as possible. So now, after a few months of doing that they finally came and said that I might be allergic to whatever compounds they use in the retainer. Well, duh. I figured that out in July. So now I have braces on again because they were too slow to figure out that I'm allergic to the retainers and my teeth shifted. It took all my willpower not to bite them when they're poking around in my mouth...
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Doctors who actually listen to you... now *there's* someone worth paying money to!

Afternoon, all. The first snow of the season is sticking on the ground here... we've got about an inch on the grass, but little on the streets.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:14 AM   #20
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ouch Johnny. I think i'd be biting them too. But i sure hope i don't have to see one tomorrow. My sister gave me a couple of tablets for headache on Wednesday. Admittedly, Codeine might have been an overkill. But how was i supposed to know i was gonna have an allergic reaction to 'em? The last 24 hours has been the longest of my life: I'm lethargic, but i can't sleep; I'm cold and i'm sweating; I'm burning up and i'm shivering; My throat is swollen; I've been breathing so fast that the muscles in my back are aching and i've STILL got that fraggin' headache!

It's too late for me to see a doc tonight. I would've today but i thought it all would've passed by now. And if i don't get any sleep tonight... *shudders* Well, i don't really want that to happen.

How 'bout a great big IW Get Well Soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote