Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 11:20 PM   #111
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
changed my sig, problem is, it's in what I'm fairly certain is latin. Can anyone hook me up with a working translation?

[ 11-29-2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #112
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Wow, it's been a long time since I have been in here *checks out some new faces* anyways, for those of you who cannot resist the urge to PM me, it is once again possible
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #113
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Evening, all. Long night last night... simply put, I had to release a new version of the software I'm responsible for today. Why? Because it's been getting close to being ready for a while, and I had two new customers this month. I didn't want to send them the "old" stuff, since the new version adds some really cool things that make their lives a lot easier.

So I wanted to send them the new stuff... only it wasn't ready. I had until today to get it ready, because even though we got their orders several weeks ago, we can't recognize the revenue (and I don't get commi$$ion) until we ship.... so last night, I finished up the last couple of things I needed to do before releasing it out to ship.

At 7AM this morning, I finally got the last bits done and sent it down to release, where they burned CDs and shipped it out today. I went upstairs to where my wife, who just woke up a few minutes before, looked at me and asked if I'd gone to bed.

Fifteen minutes later, I had [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

Then two hours later, another customer called, wanting a proposal so they can give us some work (and pay us money, too). I guess I'll give up some beauty sleep for that...

So I'm planning on going to bed shortly... 'cause man, am I out of beauty sleep!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #114
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Sounds like some of the programs I've written...though I'm sure yours are tons more complicated...

Get some sleep when you can, man...just crash for a while. You've earned it

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #115
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

"early" last night ended up being midnight... which was still early. Our power went out for a couple of hours last night, so the alarm clocks (except for mine) were off. I set mine just in case, but I didn't turn it all the way on (to radio, not buzzer, and the radio sound was down). So we were a little rushed this morning... but I feel better.'

'Course, I then went out and spent $300 on the transmission for our van (which will hopefully fix the problem!), and will get a new tire or two for it this afternoon. Gotta love it...

On the plus side, I'll get to have lunch with my son (after we drop off the van for the tire) and that's always worthwhile.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #116
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We had power go out on Tuesday night during a really heavy rain and wind storm. Hope you get some sleep today, Bungleau. I guess it's good you have customers and business to do, but yikes, you could be a zombie if it keeps up like that for long.

Saw the Lenny Kravitz/Aerosmith Concert last night! Whoo! They do put on a good show...albeit a loud one! The performers were fantastic and I actually enjoyed both shows alot (hubby got me some of those foam earplugs that don't block all the sound, just the heaviest and boy they sure helped!).

There were some not-so-great moments.. LOL things that remind me why I don't go to rock concerts too often, like the pervasive smell of dubious burning substances (which I can't stand the smell of so it was annoying) and drunk attendees who got a little loud or sloshed beer on one's back. But my clothes and I are laundered/showered today and all in all it was a good evening!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #117
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Cool Lenny that would be a good show to see.

So made it back from the dentist. Went not to bad. Certainly has changed the look of my face looks like I am storing food for the winter. And the pain was really bad when I got home. Even with taking 1 perky. So I upped the dosage and all was good. Today is much better day. Me and the ice pack are friends. And only took some pain medication in the AM.

So I better head off for one more nap.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #118
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Sounds fun Cloudy, I've never been to a concert before. Perhaps one day a good band will play close to me...or I'll go to a Festival and camp out! *beams*
Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM   #119
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Mack, good luck with the swelling/pain! ROTFL, I remember that 'chimpmunk with nuts in the cheeks' look for a week or so,it does go away eventually!

Ivellis, I hope you get to see a good band one of these days then. It is fun and despite my being a little stodgy about stuff like people dropping food or beer on me ...it was overall a fun evening.