Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 09:25 PM   #71
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Shadowstrider I mean no offense to you at all since I didnt see you acting bizarre on that board but to put it bluntly good ole Ken comes off as being a paranoid, whining, megolomaniac.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:31 PM   #72
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Shadowstrider I mean no offense to you at all since I didnt see you acting bizarre on that board but to put it bluntly good ole Ken comes off as being a paranoid, whining, megolomaniac.

Thanks...I guess

Like I said Ken can be abrupt with people...I can to though(I hate stupid)
Old 05-01-2001, 09:49 PM   #73
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
my first post, but I have been reading("lurking") for awhile. I feel that TeamBG community has been given a bad name. I was(until recently) an editor for TeamBG and I am going to defend it. When you do something that is frowned upon by places like Planet Baldur's Gate it is hard to get recognition, when in fact I have spoken to BIS and BioWare employees who use our products.

Anyway my main problem is Lady Rae made TeamBG out to be a den of flames and trogladytes or something. TeamBG isn't a bad place, Ken(founder) is just a little abrasive(then again so am I)
Shadowstrider, I have only visited TeamBG myself, never did register. I have observed many things though on the Team BG site (lurker if you will). Myself, I have no qualms with Ken at all, as it is his forum and he can do as he pleases (freedom of speech!). I know Ken has probably put in a lot of hard work and time keeping up his website to help and entertain people. I do not wish to see any kind of animosity that others might have inspired between TeamBG and our Ironworks. I have no idea what you mean about LadyRae, as I guess I missed that one. Know please though that Ironworks members AS A WHOLE though, is a very friendly respectful group of people who mean no ill will towards TeamBG. We are all, after all, rpg lovers at heart,and have much in common. So sorry to hear that you were offended (as I said, guess I didn't see that one).

Nice to meet you btw

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 09:51 PM   #74
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowstrider:
I was(until recently) an editor for TeamBG and I am going to defend it . . .
TeamBG isn't a bad place, Ken(founder) is just a little abrasive(then again so am I)
Shadowstrider: Most of the posts regarding TeamBG have fallen through the pages. If you wish to see the full discussion (which I don't know if you do -- it isn't any more flattering toward TeamBG, not nasty, just not flattering) look on the 2nd page for threads started by myself or Stealthy.

I think all of us are impressed with the efforts of TeamBG. They have provided a lot for the Infinity Engine community and I would defend their work furiously. However, many of us who posted there while the Ironworks was down, were caught off guard by the extent of Ken's abrasiveness. Compared to what we are used to, the atmosphere at TeamBG is quite different.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:56 PM   #75
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

well you're pretty much saying we're guilty by association then aren't you? TeamBG consists of about 5 guys(no one is really sure except ken)

Todd(gustov montessi)
Cat
Grog
CuChoinneach
Ken

While Ken(the webmaster) maybe be abrupt, that doesn't mean all of teamBG is.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:56 PM   #76
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hmmm, I missed all that too. I must confess I've only been there once or twice though, and that was some time ago. I hope there's no prob's between the sites.

Hi Shadowstrider btw

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:58 PM   #77
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

can we let this thread freefall? its really bringing me down. (real buzz killer if you know what i mean)

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-01-2001, 10:00 PM   #78
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
can we let this thread freefall? its really bringing me down. (real buzz killer if you know what i mean)

Totally agree...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-01-2001, 10:02 PM   #79
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Totally agree...

uh...if you agree then why the i don't face????
Old 05-01-2001, 10:03 PM   #80
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

what you guys talking about?

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...BUT I AIN'T NO TIMEKEEPER...AN' IM A MONSTER...RAAARRGHH!!!