Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
puzzled

I`ve completed BG2 twice and before having another go, I`d like to try something else. I got Wizards and Warriors but considered it a total waste of time. Compaared to BG2, the graphics were crap. I`m informed that this is because it doesn`t support my graphics card and the universal alternative on the game is rubbish.
I don`t understand how a game can be produced that has problems with popular graphics cards. Anyway, it`s gone back to the shop now and I`ll avoid that software producer in the future.
That said, I`m now looking for something on the same lines as BG2 and BG1 and would be grateful for some ideas.
Cheers

Old 02-22-2001, 05:54 PM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

pretty much all the black isle stuff- Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Fallout series(future post apocalyptic)
Old 02-22-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Try Icewind Dale if you haven't already. IMHO not as good as BGII, but there is soon to be an add on (Heart of Winter) which I was reliably informed by my games store will be available (at least in Britain) on 15 March. This revelation ruined my day 'cos I thought it was released yesterday.
It is more linear than BGI & II with no NPCs, you create your whole party.
Oh, and most of it takes place underground in, what are they called?, oh yeah, dungeons.
Still good fun though.