Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
myungbass
Manshoon

is there some way i can be a 100% chaotic evil party in either IWD, IWDHOW, or IWD2, be able to kill EVERYONE, and still complete the game? I'm just curious i prolly won't do this anyway.
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:37 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Off to the IWD II forum with this one

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 07:13 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry that this thread was temporarily closed. A bug in the program that let Mouse forward this thread over here caused the stupid thing to lock! Well, it's open now.

In answer to your question...Although I know that the developers tried to think of every possible method of game play that a person might attempt in order to get through the game...they cannot accomodate the ones that want to completely annihilate every NPC. Some are required to stay alive to initiate dialog that flags actions that get you through the game. Sorry.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 09:57 PM   #4
Alaric
Manshoon

If you kill one of the people important to the story the game does end and you will have to restart from a previous saved game. I found this out the hard way.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 01:20 AM   #5
myungbass
Manshoon

damn, i was really looking forward to doing a killing spree
however, in IWD if i kill someone who does not deserve it (i.e.: an NPC in blue)the whole town tends to get angry (the specific part i am talking about is the fist time i was in Kuldahar i killed a girl and Arundel attacked me...is there anyway for me to kill NPCs and still have them talk to me? i wish to kill but i want every one to love me too:-p
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 09-21-2002, 11:02 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Not everyone can be killed.

I read a note from one of the producers...and he said that children are unable to be killed. It is a new rule introduced in the CRPG world.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 11:10 AM   #7
myungbass
Manshoon

what i meant was when i kill an NPC in Kuldahar, Arundel attacks me and i was wondering if there was anyway to pull a jack the ripper in kuldahar and still complete the game