Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 08:57 PM   #1
myungbass
Manshoon

What is this cheat console option about in the configuration menu? And how do i use it? (all of my post have been about cheating thus far but I'm really pretty honest! HONEST!:-p)

by the way that face is the shiznit
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright im just gonna tell you how to get the cheat console to work. Only cheat if you have beaten the game please, dont be a lamer for the love of the gys who made this.

Alright what you do is you go to the Icewind Dale II folder, there will be a file, looks like a note pad witha a yellow thingy on it, a gear sorta. Says Icewind. something, but its called the ini. file. Go in there and scroll down till you see this

[GAME OPTIONS]

Then right under game options, and i mean directly below it put cheats=1.

Heres an example.
[GAME OPTIONS]
Cheats=1
Blahblah
blah blah blah
blah blah
blah

You get the point.

Then go into icewind dale II after saving the changes made. To open the console window hit ctrl and tab at the same time. This will bring it up and you gotta type the basics in it. Heres some you that work. And these are to be typed! DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTONS
CtrlAltDelete:enablecheatkeys()
CtrlAltDelete:createitem("x",#) X=the item listed, # amount wanted.
Heres an example for that one. ("00BOOT01")=Boots of speed
CtrlAltDelete:Explorearea()
CtrlAltDelete:addgold(#) amount of gold wanted=#

The Enable cheat keys enables certain keys to be hit to do things.
Here are the important ones.
Ctrl+J=Teleport to cursor
Ctrl+Y=Kill Highlighted (Cursor over the monster/person) Monster/person
Ctrl+R=Ressurrect/Heal Highlighted Person/Monster or Character Portrait.

heres one important one
CtrlAltDelete:setcurrentxp(#) 700000 will give you full level of 30.

Thats all i got for now, anyone got armor codes and scroll codes give em to me, ive beaten the game and am now devoting my time to find the codesm, so just post in this forum under a topic called CHEAT CODES
Old 09-19-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
myungbass
Manshoon

see thats where I'm stuck...i can't find the .ini file for any of my games (IWD,IWDHOW, IWDII BG, or BG2 could somebody tell me where that is? ::embarassed::
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 09-19-2002, 07:16 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Do you remember where you installed it? Do you have you HD partitioned? If you know exactly where the folder is that contains all the files that loaded onto your system...then open that file, and one of the files therin is a white document called icewind2.ini

It is not located in a sub-folder. It is directly accessible when you open the main folder that the game was installed into.

I don't know if that helps or not...
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:06 AM   #5
myungbass
Manshoon

the only instantly acessible files in the IWDII folder that fit the description are CHITIN.KEY and dialog.tlk the "gear" files are icewind 2, keymap, language, and party...I'm prollydoing something very wrong but i still don;t get it...am I hopeless?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:08 AM   #6
myungbass
Manshoon

p.s. the icewind 2 file doesn't have .ini anywhere in its title :-\
Old 09-20-2002, 09:00 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

********* ALERT ***************

You do not need to modify an INI file in IWD2 to gain access to the "cheat" console!!!!

There's a selection box in the configuration console that turns on the cheat console.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 10:22 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yes sir...I saw that...but I was wanting to test it out, and checked that little box, then exited out and went to the ini file, and it was still at 0. Why did the checked box not turn the cheats to "1" mode? Are you sure that the cheats work without forcing that "1" to be in the code? I hope you are right, as that would be so much more simple. Thanks for your info.

And about that missing file. Go to find files and folders in the start menu, type in icewind2.ini and see where that takes you.

[ 09-20-2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 11:05 PM   #9
Magness
Quintesson

Absolutely certain that it works. tried it myself. the cheat codes worked fine after using the config console setting.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 01:07 AM   #10
myungbass
Manshoon

i hope you don't think of me as a dumb jerk who is causing problems:-p but i tried that search method and it wouldn't come up:-\ i hope there are other people who have as much trouble as me or else i will fel really really dumb