Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 08:32 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Guys, i need a hint here. So far, i'm in the glacier, and i just met the naked old woman(geeze, put some clothes on). So i only found the Ice Golemns to be my source of XP. I need help here, have u found any good places for XP????

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Ah, there you are. As far as I'm aware, the answer is no. You could try exiting the area altogether and reentering. That might work (ice trolls, winter wolves etc.) I think that its one of those areas that stays quiet after you've done it - much like Lower Dorn's. Not much help I know.

Thinking about it, you could go back to Lonelywood and go to Burial Isle again. I think that some of the undead come back, that is until you stop Wylfdene in his tracks.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:30 AM   #3
Quentice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tied this and went back to a save incas e they were important but kill purvis theres decent xp there i think and 4 gud magic items that hint at his background it was either a crappy 200xp or 20000xp i cant remeber
Quentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 09:37 AM   #4
Beowulf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I use this very area for getting XP.
1. Go into the Game Config.
2. Set game difficulty to Heart of Fury Mode
(This will increase the difficulty of monsters, but also greatly increases experience)
3. load game
4. Have the party rest in the glacier area
(monsters may awaken party)
5. kill kill kill
6. Save after each battle (you may get killed often)

If this is too easy, go in the ice cavern and rest by the remorhaz's
eggs. The remorhazs are worth 42,000 xp each on Fury mode.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:19 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Resting in the Remorrhaz area will definitely cause the Remorrhaz to respawn, but that gets tedious after a while. Switching to Heart of Fury mode in that area is definitely the way to go to reduce the number of fights necessary to gain the same xp. You could also switch to HOF mode just before you trigger certain dialogues that grant XP and then switch back. Personally, I think both techniques are a little cheesy - but they DO work.

If you want to really cap out your characters - try playing the game from the beginning on Heart of Fury mode! That is a REAL challenge - especially at the beginning. Those $%&*%*^% little goblins (or was it kobolds?) and orcs on the first two or three map areas are MAJOR LEAGUE trouble in HOF mode!! In fact, after getting waxed by those little cruds more than once, I found combat to actually get easier as the game progressed beyond that point (with the exception of Yuxonmei - who is a REAL b*tch in HOF mode!!) I had a Bard in my party when I started my HOF game and she capped out sometime late in chapter 3 or early in Chapter 4!!! So I temporarily dropped her so the rest of the group could get the extra xp!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 05:51 PM   #6
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

(me, secretmaster) I did these, but the ice golems on HoW, kicked my but. I had to summon elemtals to do my dirts work. Worth 55000 XP!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 04:43 AM   #7
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

I know it's cheesy and I know I've posted it before but if you have a high level druid and a rack of invisibilty spells nearly any monster can be taken out in IWD or HOW almost totally risk free, even on Heart of Fury setting.

If you want to know what it is see old post 'druids shock' or I can post it again.