Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok iv been looking at theese forums for along time and only just decided to actually post...After eading the chronicals of faldorn i decied to see how good a solo Shapehshifter did...Hes amazing ...In greater werewolf form he has:

21 str
18 dexx(i think)
25 cons (i think lol)
12 wis(i didnt relsie thats what druids needed but hey,im more of a fighgter the a druid)
10 INT
18 cha-i have ring of charisma-im one gurd lookign werewolf lol

anway im about to mvoe onto spell hold,i did evry quest i could apart from planer prison and shpere and i can completly batter anything i come across-barr dragons+kangaxx...is aran linvale spos to be this easy?i always go WITH him,my first time agsainst him i killed the whole theives bas euin under 10..linvale himself took around 5...sweet -14 AC there
To the point- reading chronicals of faldorn i noticed that he said faldorn could use the dragon plate...If druids arnt spos to use it then is it a bg that means Orion could use it?Thatd make his AC around -17...thatd be silly
Old 03-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'm happy that you're enjoying your character, but as a general rule, most people avoid the Shapeshifter because all of the kit's progression comes near the start of the game, as opposed to the end. In short: As soon as you're able to reach Greater Wolfwere status, the character is pretty much as powerful as it's ever going to be. Which is great for most of Shadows of Amn: You can whack all but the most difficult baddies around like muffins. But you're pretty much stuck like that forever (due to the kit's equipment restrictions), while everyone else keeps advancing....by the end of SoA, they've caught up to you, and during Throne of Bhaal they just leave the Shapeshifter behind. The Monk has it even worse, and for the same reason.

That's the power reason to dislike Monks & Shapeshifters. Personally, I dislike them because the kits are based so heavily on *innate* powers & abilities, rather than what the player can customize: As a result, all Monks are the same, and all Shapeshifters are the same. (As opposed to, say, an Archer--a Short Bow & Katana Archer might be very different from a Crossbow & Spear Archer.)

Just my 2 cents. And WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #3
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Welcome to the forums! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Y'know, Six, I really hate you ^_^

I was about to post something along those lines, but you beat me to it. Anyway, TheGod, Six is correct (you'll notice that he always is, if you stay here long enough).

Oh, and Six...what is your favorite class (or top three, whichever)?

[ 03-30-2004, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 03-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hey, I'm not always right. I've been wrong at least 6 times here on Ironworks alone. And Volothamp's Comeuppance still doesn't have Wizard Eye listed as a Divination spell. (Site upgrade coming soon....or at least soonish.)

Favorite classes? Hmm.....

Elven or Half-Elven Thief/Mage,
Berserker->Cleric,
and I wish there was a way to Dual-class a Jester into a Wild Mage.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

I would've done Jester > Wild Mage if there were...I'm obsessed with roleplaying those classes ^_^

Too bad the Jester isn't that viable *shrug*
Old 03-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
By any chance, do you have Throne of Bhaal installed?
(I'm so glad you liked the Chronicles, by the way)

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:43 AM   #7
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

welcome to IW [img]smile.gif[/img]

i have nothing to add to your topic . . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:24 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to IW! My favourtie classes are:

Sorcerer
Cavalier
R/C
Blade
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:51 PM   #9
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks for the welcome guys
but i still dont know if he could wear red dragon plate beucase if druids aint ment to but faldorn could is there a bug which means druids can?ebcuase id be temped to put it on him and i dont wanna cheat so just wodnering weather to bother with a fixpack or something...
Old 03-31-2004, 04:22 PM   #10
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
red dragon plate? I think it's a known glitch/ bug that allows that. If you want to play true to the Ad&D rules don't let him where plate armor. The Shadow dragon leather (I think it's the shadow dragon scales that make the leather anyway) on the other hand is and should be wearable by all but the most nature fanatical druids. If you ask me the shadow dragon was an abomination of nature and needed to be killed anyway. Either to maintain balance (if your neutral), because it's evil (if your good), or because it was in your way (if your evil).

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote