Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 02:04 AM   #11
lysonlee
Welcomed New User

Hi myungbass
I had terrible problems (like you) with setting up the cheat console on another game so dont feel bad!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
With IWD2 it was easier......once you click to enable the cheat console (in the config setup) you just click ctrl+tab (while in the game) & a VERY narrow slot appears at the bottom of your game screen (under all the talk history)
You just type in your cheat once the slot is there & what you type will show in that slot! NB you dont need to click on the slot with your curser....just type! When finished press enter twice & your typing will be entered in the main talk list for you to see & the code should have operated!
There is no need to search through your program files but if you do & cant see the file its probably because your folder options view is setup to hide all known extensions. I like to see all the extensions myself so I have unclicked it! If you want them to show for you go to windows explorer/tools/folder options/view tab & scroll down the "files & folders" to unclick the instruction to "hide extensios for known types"
Cheers
lysonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:44 AM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes they basically built the cheat console into the game this time beacuse they said in previous IE games some ppl corrupted their INI files when editing them (incorrectly). So now they simply programmed the console into it, much like the way theres a chat window installed in the Mplayer mode.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #13
myungbass
Manshoon

oh man, you guys RULE...thats why i never uderstood it. Thank you SO much. I'm a computing tool...and not a wrench-like object. Thanks folks!
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote