Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #11
L'Ethariel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no. i can't agree with you generally i would like to mention that its not about 'playin' the game but playin' the game with fun evil ones are really cool and if they're weaker and harder to run than it makes the game better

there is no more fun than razing the whole village ))))

don't you think??

L'Ethariel (Chaotic Evil One)
L'Ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:00 PM   #12
Kalak
The Magister

Actually I like rebuke better...b/c what your doing is your challenging whatever cleric raised those undead for control of them. So whoever is more powerful wins, and if your close they just runaway.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #13
Magness
Quintesson

While I wouldn't say that Turn Undead is a critical ability in IWD2, there is at least one map area that's flooded with undead and turning undead is exceptionally useful. I let the undead try to swarm me and then I had my cleric blow them into chunks.

Other than to assist in the talking skills, there's not much point in having more than an average CHA for a cleric.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 09:17 AM   #14
Grishnakh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Average Charisma is enough for a cleric. Personally I am very proud of my cleric.She is a Battleguard of Tempus and she is 2nd place in my party. she is avery good melee fighter, but has a lot of useful spells. Turn Undead is one of the mosr useful abilities that a cleric had. There are at least 3 major areas where you must face a lot of undead (i'm only at the begining of Chapter V) and it can save your butt.
Grishnakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 10:05 AM   #15
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's not true that cha doesn't affect the strength of turning undead. Not under normal
3rd ed rules anyhow there your cha helps the turning check and thus makes it
more probbable to turn tougher undead.
Rawel
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 08:42 PM   #16
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by L'Ethariel:
so...what w'd you say for:
moon elf, dreadmaster of bane, neutral evil
strength 10
dexterity 10
constitusion 8
inteligence 15
wisdom 15
charisma 18

L'Ethariel
I say your cleric is evil, so you can't convert to healing spells. I also say that with an 8 constitution your cleric will spend significant portions of the game dead, because you'll be out of money to get "resurrection" spells. We're talking over 10,000 a pop in the later chapters.

Interesting idea. Ultimately, the flaws in the cleric will consign him to near uselessness.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote