Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #1
most1td
Welcomed New User

When we get transported back to Easthaven, it shows the movie, then the game freezes...am i missing some sort of patch or something?
most1td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:46 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by most1td:
When we get transported back to Easthaven, it shows the movie, then the game freezes...am i missing some sort of patch or something?
Welcome, and yes, you are probably missing the patch. Go to www.bioware.com and hunt it down. Make sure you get the appropriate version. Dont get the Heart of Winter patch if you dont have it and vice versa.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:07 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It could be that your missing a patch although sometimes it is just something that happens occasionally.

It had happened to me a couple times with all the patches. If you try it again use escape to exit the movie and have a little patience sometimes it just stalls for a minute.

It also happened to me in heart of winter when Hargoth first teleported me. The movie played my guys game up with the music but I couldn't do anything with them. The funny thing was they would say they were bored. It doesn't happen often and if you just do it again it should work.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 04:42 PM   #4
snazz
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
quote:
Originally posted by most1td:
Welcome, and yes, you are probably missing the patch. Go to www.bioware.com and hunt it down. Make sure you get the appropriate version. Dont get the Heart of Winter patch if you dont have it and vice versa.[/QUOTE]I looked in the Bioware site, but couldn't find anything about IWD. Is there somewhere else to get the patch? Also, I take it there are more than one patch. Do I need them all? Or just a specific one? Which one? Thanks.
snazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Snazz and most1td, welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

The game freezing up at the return to Easthaven is an issue that comes up every few weeks on the boards here. To the best of my knowledge none of the patches address this issue specifically, but a number of folks have found the soultion described in this thread to be effective.

As far as patching the game goes, the patch you need depends on which version of the game you have.

* If you have IWD without the expansion HOW installed, then the most recent patch is version 1.06. You should be able to download it here and the expansion TOL can be downloaded here

There is an additioanl patch available for certain UK editions of the game, but if you've gotten to the point of returning to Easthaven it looks like you do not have the issue that patch was designed to address.

I hope this is helpful and let us know how you make out.