Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2001, 02:43 AM   #1
Icewind-Newbie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm an icewind dale newbie. Just started on the game and i'm kinda puzzled over the revival of characters. I got 2 of my party members killed by a boss and i don't have any idea to revive them. Can someone help me pls!? Pls let me know all the possible ways to revive them! Many Thanks
Icewind-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 04:38 AM   #2
DeadDancingShape
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can buy a revival in temples. Also, if you have a priest, he will be able to cast the revive spell at a certain lvl.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:58 AM   #3
ronan
The Magister

depends how far in you are but your cleric will not have ressurect for a few levels yet so visit one of the temples in the towns
Old 11-20-2001, 10:10 AM   #4
Icewind-Newbie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all ya replies. I went to the temple for the spell resurrect. But i cannot select the spell. It wasn't highlighted for me to select. I bought the resurrrect scroll instead but my priest's level wasn't high enough to learn the spell so i'm kinda stuck. Pls kindly advise me as i have ran out of ideas. Many thanks
Icewind-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 11:35 AM   #5
Debaser

Welcome to the board, first off.

Priests don't write spells from scrolls...you should be able to just cast the spell by putting the sroll in your quick items and using it.

as for why the Resurrection option isn't highlighted, this is because there is a race restriction on who the spell can work on (i think elves and maybe one or two other races are excluded from being revived w/ this spell.....you have to use Raise Dead instead).
Old 11-20-2001, 09:42 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's actually the other way around. Raise dead does not work on elves, resurrect however will work on elves. You need to be sure that the portrait of the character you want to resurrect is selected otherwise the spell will not work.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:39 AM   #7
Debaser

JR Jansen--

yeah, you're right about that. I got it mixed up...thanks for the correction.