Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
IranicuS
The Magister

i just had my exams finfished and I thought I gonna play BG2 online...the only thing is he says when I am in the character menu: multiplayer session has been terminated,etc"and then: "the progam version numbers for the server and client progams do not match"

Server porgam version:2.5.26461
client progam version:2.5.26498

So..eh HELP!!!...Ive TOB installed and some small Mods..like tacticks etc..and Ive the latest patch of TOB
Old 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

Are you fully patched? Do you have mods installed? They might be causing problems
Old 06-04-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Looks like the server dosent have the latest patch. Install it on that computer and all should be well. Almost. Bad things will happen if you have a different collection of mods, so make sure those are identical across computers.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Hello, I play BG2 online quite a bit. Be glad to help you if I can.

In this case the answer has already been given. You and all players must have the same version installed as the host has.

The host does not have the TOB patch installed. Tell him to get it here:
http://www.bioware.com/games/throne_...pport/patches/

If your version starts with 2.5 I believe this means you have SOA+TOB installed. That is the best base to use even when you are still playing the SOA chapters. Note that you cannot play online with someone who has only SOA (patch or no patch) if they do not have TOB.

If you have version 2.5 you should defintely install patch version .26498 -- which is the version that you have. The best version.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

To play multiplayer, you need the exact same mods installed in the exact same order. That would probably be your problem.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:13 AM   #6
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
To play multiplayer, you need the exact same mods installed in the exact same order. That would probably be your problem.
Umm, no. The problem is the server/host not having the patch. That is evidenced by the version number. Version number is unaffected by mods, it's just whether you have SOA, TOB, and which patch.

While it is true SOME mods affect or "must match" for multi-player, the only mod this person said he had is Tactics. You don't have to have the same mod as everyone else installed in this case. If the host has Tactics, everyone is playing it; if the host does not have it, you're not playing it - even if you have it. It will not hurt mutliplayer ability in any case.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:31 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Actaully, it *will* - TLK files, override folder, language, framerate, *everything*, must be bit-for-bit the same. Tactics adds a fair bit to the TLK and to Override, meaning that those will no longer be bit-for-bit the same.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #8
IranicuS
The Magister

Ive got bg2 tob and soa and the latest patches and themonly mods Ive got installed is solefein and valen and some other NPC and got tacticks...well I gonna reinstal all think and then Ill see With the latest soa patch if its works..
Old 06-06-2004, 08:34 AM   #9
andrewas
Harper

The SoA patch is no use, I think you will need to run the out of the box version of ToB. Really, I would either get the server to upgrade or find a better server, because theres no excuse to be what, 3 or 4 years behind the times? Espeicialy with mods installed, all mods assume the patch and baldurdash will be present, in fact most people consider that to be the standard installation and don't even think about the differences between that and the original. So you can get strange errors if you run them on a base installation.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #10
IranicuS
The Magister

hahaha okeej tnx