Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

As far as CRPGs go the included single player campaign didn't really grab me the way that the BG series did. It just didn't immerse me as much I s'pose?

Don't get me wrong, this game was worth the money and all but I found myself "picking" at it all the way through...

I can't wait for some really excellent mods and stuff produced by die hard RPG players that do it for the love of the game rather than a company that has deadlines to meet and a budget to think about.
I am looking forward to some online RPGing with a larger group of people and I'm sure that this is where this games strength is.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:35 AM   #2
Recluse
Dungeon Master

I dunno, I'm starting to think that all these people who keep saying

"wait till they make some good MODs. Thats why this game is so much better because people can make their own adventures and quests"

I think they are in for a big dissapointment.. I've heard a lot of people say things like that about morrowind too and i really havent seen anything impressive enough to make me want to play that again.

Even if somone does make a really good MOD (and im sure a few will be made), as much as everyone thinks it.. online isnt this games strong point IMO, unless you have a set group of people that start together and finish together. Otherwise the online play is full of 10 year olds fresh from Diablo 2 that just wanna kill the first person they see.Least thats all thats happend in my experience with online play..

HOPEFULLY im wrong, please god let me be wrong.. but thats what i think anyway... ppl are just getting their hopes up on something untill the expansion comes out.
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 04:27 AM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You obviously arent a die-hard D2/LoD player like i am, Recluse . Did u play on open or closed battle.net? Cause it makes a huge difference as far as cheating and PKs go

Phil u just burned through this game didnt you? Im only just about to start chp 3!
Well we'll get together online if our lag isnt too bad, and u can feel the wrath of Verloren Esgaroth DragonFlame, soon to be lvl19 Gladiator, and lvl 1 sorcerer
Old 07-06-2002, 04:54 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

just finished the story line(yeeaaaa). my thoughts on it mediocre storyline. to short for me.not enough actual sidequests. and any expansion to the chapter where just offshoots to the original map being played. i liked bg2 where you could travel to a distant town or city or area just to get extra quests and what not. but then its just actual hack in slash . and doesnt change really.thats why it make it so good online cause you can share that same hackinslash with others.

the only thing i hate is when people accuse me of being a cheater.

lvl 20 barbarian with 406 hp everyone thinks i cheated to get it up that high
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:47 AM   #5
Greadius
The Magister

Okay, I could buy the perfect 12d for 20 levels part for 240hps
I could buy the 26 Con needed for a +8 modifier for the 160.

But where did the extra 6 come from? I'd hate to be your cleric...
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:54 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

heh; we should all bug bioware to make a NEW mod for NWN. hehe. not that Ive finished just yet tho...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:04 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I just finish this game, certainly it didn't end all RPG as the critics claim ( what a joke! ). to me this game is just a so-so rpg. really not worth the few years wait. I felt cheated.

hmmm..I should play castle fantasia 3 now. which is a better rpg than NWN.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:39 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hey, don't knock the possibility that we might see some cool mods for NWN. People are already working on Morrowind campaigns that are as big as the main quest itself!

There have already been minor additions of islands, new houses, new quests, new items and other cool stuff.

Morrowind has an advantage, though, it's already big enough that it doesn't need any mods. NWN, on the other hand, needs the mods if it's ever going to be anything big.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:36 AM   #9
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
You obviously arent a die-hard D2/LoD player like i am, Recluse . Did u play on open or closed battle.net? Cause it makes a huge difference as far as cheating and PKs go

Phil u just burned through this game didnt you? Im only just about to start chp 3!
Well we'll get together online if our lag isnt too bad, and u can feel the wrath of Verloren Esgaroth DragonFlame, soon to be lvl19 Gladiator, and lvl 1 sorcerer
Wow! Im at the same part as you and I reckon your just a bit infront of me blue... I thought I was doing well being at level 13 [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ahh well off to start my Things that are wrong in my game thread [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:55 AM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol; just had a funny thought... maybe someone should 're-make' candlekeep in NWNs... or better yet, BG1... lol., that should fill up someones time... not that its likely to happen but...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote