Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 02:54 AM   #1
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

Is the game worth the price I read a PC mag yesterday that said it is "the best game EVER" but I wan't insight from some fellow gamers before getting the game.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:47 AM   #2
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

I dont know how much it costs in New Zealand, but the price can vary greatly (between £30 and £40). It is a good game, but chapter 1 is booring, youcan only have 1 henchman that you cant even control and it doesn't run really well on my comp (but thats cuz its a bit crap). But multiplayer is VERY good and single player does have some nice improvements. Overall it is worth getting, no matter the price.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:12 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, first of all, read through the topics here, you have the Disapointed in NWN for example.

But be sure to check out the main website and scroll through the forum there. ALso you have to decide if the game is something for you, if you can play online etc.

Personally I would recommend that you buy it, because even if I am disapointed in some things, I have gotten several hours of good and fun gameplay out of it.

And if you feel alittle creative the toolset is really fun since you can both change the way you play single player campiagn, or exchange modules with people on the net. There are over a thousand modules to download, not all good but alot is good!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #4
perk31
Manshoon

I think it depends on how much role playing you are looking for. There is much less role playing in this game than in the Baldurs Gate series, but lots of action.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:16 PM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

I would say its quite good, great grafiks, but it isnt as deep as most...and it has a cool toolset, i havent been online yet but its supposed to be good. and another thing is that as long as Bioware keep the mods coming it could last forever.
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #6
Debaser

It's a great game, I surely recommend it. The only advice I might give on top of that is that you will want to have a reliable internet connection if you are going to get this game, because the Multiplayer mode of NWN is where you really get your money's worth. So many people are overly harsh on the Single-player module (which I think is great fun) but MP is where NWN makes its true mark and where the long-lasting appeal is at...
Old 09-16-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
AndyG
Elminster

If you love and worship everything about BG and BG2, stay away from the game. You'll be disappointed. If you just want a good, fun RPG to play, I would say definitely get it. I've played it through several times, and keep starting new characters. There are over a thousand user produced modules on the web, and more, larger modules will be coming available over the next few months. Even if 90% of them are worthless, that still leaves over 100 worth playing.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

THANX GUYS yes I do have a good internet and yes I will get the game so your going to see me here Quite abit in a couple of months but a the moment I just pop in from time to time THanx again keep me posted bye ;j
Old 10-05-2002, 09:53 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

This game is great!

No matter what your looking for...hack and slash...roleplaying...etc.....

It's all availible online, whether it's playing online or downloading modules for your gameplay desires.

This is not BG, but who would want it to be? It's new, it's fresh, it's exciting! Buy it and enjoy...........

Old 10-08-2002, 08:19 PM   #10
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Get it!!!! The one player is ok but its the toolset and the multiplayer you want.