Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 08:37 AM   #11
Thrrek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes but I climbed into the belfry in an attempt to escape the area I was in, I took one lift down from the kitchen and then ran along some halls then I found a lift which was constantly moving (the kitchen lift went back up and stayed) I am now stuck down there, I went up the lift to the same level as the kitchen and there is a rock on the floor in one bit (looks like a dodgy rock but hey I'm no game designer) and then on the lext level up is the belfry entrance. THERE IS NO WAY OUT MAN, MY CHARS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO EAT THE OOMPA TO LIVE. Which brings up an interesting point which has been bugging me, when do these guys sleep or eat or well you know... well I suppose they wouldn't have ot if they didn't eat but still it just aint right.
Thrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 08:43 AM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Lol Thrrek. Iīd eat the kitty first, taste better ! (Donīt tell Ziroc about that one ) Welcome to the boards btw. Packrat has given you your answer I think, simply jump (we could just call that climbing down a ladder couldnīt we? )
Old 09-23-2002, 08:46 AM   #13
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

If the Kitchen lift..."Went up and Stayed"..We do have a problem...It should also be constantly moving...There are no sitches...
Old 09-23-2002, 08:50 AM   #14
WillowIX
Apophis

Have you tried exitting the game and the start it over? That could maybe give the lift a helping hand. Thatīs all I can think off actually. IMO a reinstall for this problem is a bit excessive. Otherwise a reload of an old saved game is in order. And donīt worry youīll gain those 3 levels quick enough (again )
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 08:53 AM   #15
Thrrek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you mean I am stuck??? but but I CAN'T be stuck, I just got remove poison and the snakes die so easy now, my last save in a prestuck area is b4 I got that stupid signet ring which got me into all this trouble, grrrrrrrr. oh well thanks for your help guys, I'm going back to mechcomm2 for a while, there I can eject.
Thrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:00 AM   #16
WillowIX
Apophis

Another way would be to mail your saved game to one of us (the regs). We could then check if itīs the game or the save thatīs causing the trouble (I think itīs the game). We would the be able to get you past the kitchen lift, well maybe. Any ideas packrat?
Old 09-23-2002, 09:12 AM   #17
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think we've mentioned all the possibles....

If the kitchen lift is stuck..up... the only way out is to....use 'Vanish', 'Teleport' or the 'Reverse Time' spells.

Personally...I'ld LOVE to see the saved game...
Old 09-23-2002, 01:26 PM   #18
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Thrrek!!!

You've been given a lot of helpful hints. Check here: http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html to determine exactly where you are located (Xignal has great maps) and then perhaps we can sort out a solution.

If the elevators are truly stuck and you're really at a lost at what else to try we can try seeing if I can get it to work on my machine. This game has always run very well on my machine. IF you need to try that option, I need you to ZIP up your save file and send it to me in pieces using WINSPLIT (you can pick that up at http://www.zdnet.com/ . Include a JOIN file and send the parts individually. My email just can't handle big files anymore but I can work with the pieces!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #19
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ooohkie Doohkie....

I just reloaded an old save....and I think I know what happened.....

When you click the button on the wall, (in the kitchen) the elevator starts..(and runs, continuous)..If you click it again...no matter where it is...(I tried to get it to stop in the Down position)..the elevator Returns to the up position and stops.

Me tinks...you double clicked the button...quickly turned...jumped down the shaft, (while the elevator was at the bottom)... and jumped off....before it went back up and stopped.

I tried every other thing I could think of to jam the elevator in the up position...and that was the only way I could do it.

Seeing that your party is so young...I doubt that they have 'Vanish' or 'Teleport'......So.... I'm afraid the only way out is "The Reverse Time' spell. (ie...reload a saved game)
Old 09-23-2002, 06:41 PM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

Excellent work packrat!! Have you put a copy in the best tip thread? Me thinks it belongs in there as a warnig [img]smile.gif[/img]