Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
Stile
Welcomed New User

I am new hear, a lurker in the shadows if you will, but I've finally come across a game where I am stuck. Actually, I am literally having my ass handed to me on a regular basis.
Has anyone else had this problem? No matter what I do, no matter the strategy I make, the undead at the Burial Isle have a field day with my PC's. I have a very strong party (IMOHO), though they aren't GODS or anything. I'm using the pre-gens in the HoW, because none of my old PC's from the IWD game are high enough level, believe it or not.
I have actually made it as far as Hjollner (or whatever), and had my map updated, but can't get back out, can't rest enough without getting slaughtered by more undead! What gives! And what hurts those Drowned Ones? Not a lot that I throw at them does!
Please, if anyone has any suggestions, other than the cheat codes (which aren't working for me this time around-they won't even register!), pass them my way. I am all ears.
This game is about to aggravate me so much, I plan to give up on it soon.

Thanks,

~Stile.
Stile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 08:38 PM   #2
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the Board Stile! Well I had the same problem But? hopefully
you have a high level Cleric?? They will literally make minced meat of those
foul loathing BloatedDead!!Just "turn undead" and watch the bloated beasts
Explode!! Dont give up it's a cool game and there are allways better tactics
Hope this helps!

------------------
Gwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gwayne:
Just "turn undead" and watch the bloated beasts
Explode!!

I've tried using 'turn undead' and it seems like nothing ever happens for me. My clerics are at level 11, so I should think they'd be experienced enough for it to work. Any tips?

Lori
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 09:04 PM   #4
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

your Clerics need to be pretty high level as I recall? I do believe around
15 or so. As you get high in levels thier is a turn undead chart I believe
wich tells you weather or not you can turn undead or outright destroy them.And
you will completely destroy them "trust me" Mine was around 20th level I
believe! hope this helps ya And a tip btw you need to have them in view for
this to work sometimes it takes a couple seconds and you'll here the holy chime
going off best of luck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gwayne (edited 07-05-2001).]
Gwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:05 AM   #5
Stile
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the quick reply. Though I'm afraid it's a fruitless situation. Much like Lori, I've never had a cleric successfully turn undead. And I am talking about in either BG or IWD games. Never. I was beginning to wonder why they even included the turn undead ability in these games.
And unfortunately my PC's, as previously stated, are not GODS. They are all about 11-12th levels. My PC's didn't make it high enough level from IWD, so I had to take the pre-gens. And at the rate I'm going, I'll never make 15th level. Kinda hard to do when the drowned ones are hasted and giving you a Roshambo.
DOH!
Oh well. Thanks again for the advice. I will take it to heart.

STAY TRUE!!!

~Stile
Stile is offline   Reply With Quote