Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi..
Every time I try to load a game (pressing on the LOAD key in the main window) the game quits with an error msg saying "failed to load.....".. I tried to reinstall, use a restore point incase some programs I installed or uninstalled caused this issue to come up and yet no results.. If someone encountered this before and was able to solve it, PLZ HELP!

Thank u..
d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Do you have all the patches?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

Can you start up new games? Ive been doing alot of messing around so Ive hit my share of problems like this.
Delete the cache, temp and tempsave folders. Sometimes theres a badfile in their and itll corrupt your loads/saves. RARE obstacle in my case, cuz i play around at work on a network, to not install it on multiple pcs, make sure your not running the exe through a network type of link. Make sure its like c:\games\IWD2\iwd2.exe instead of \\mypc\c$\iwd.exe. Links that run in all ways except loading and saving properly. Umm, also make sure any mods you had installed, you install again. cant load a game using data your current install doesnt use. And play around, see if you can start new games, or other saves you may have had. might just have one bad one.
Unless your meaning you cant get the game to load, period.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:22 AM   #4
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welp, I've managed to overcome this problem.. Seems that for some reason the program of the game created some currupted "dupes" pf my saved games and labeled them wrong or something.. After deleting half of my saved games the problem was gone.. Oh well I always wanted to focus on my pure evil party
Thanks for the help..
d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

Ive had corrupt saves myself. I usually open it in dalekeeper, try to write down the more important stuff, gold, xp, lvls, stats etc, and then if you need to, recreate it as best you can. More xp, and chance to get some dupes of items. Nothing wrong witht hat. And since you did it all already, its always alot faster the 2nd time around.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote