Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Went to see it tonight, and it did kick ass.

But,

1. Why did they end it so early again? They left out "she" at the end! That was annoying.
2. They left out the Palantir, and the preceeding conversation.
3. Entmoot was totally different.
4. Quickbeam didnt appear.

I didnt like Treebeards voice, it wasnt clear enough. I didn't like it when an Orc said "We need a breatha!". Dont think JRR wrote down that line. Too modern.

Do we know if there is an extended DVD, and what it includes?

What you think?
Old 12-22-2002, 08:45 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

All movies released will have an extended version...after the theatrical version is released...

They ended early because he could not get everything he wanted in the 3 hour cut-off...so he just said...well, we will carry this over until the next movie...and this part we will keep back for the extended version. The tower part with Saruman will be totally different...when you finally fo see it. I have read about it. It will not happen the same way as the book had it. It will most likely be in the extended version...I doubt they will waste time with it in the third movie...they don't have time! They still have so much to do! The Entmoot may or may not have extended version play. I never read about it, but heard from a source that there may be more footage...but not much.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:56 PM   #3
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

I didnt like Treebeards voice, it wasnt clear enough. I didn't like it when an Orc said "We need a breatha!". Dont think JRR wrote down that line. Too modern.

What you think?
Treebeard's voice was provided by none other than John Rhys-Davies, aka Gimli [img]smile.gif[/img] I think he did a pretty good job. He's got that deep voice and thick Welsh accent that gives him a grandiose, Tolkienesque 'authenticity' in both dwarven and entish roles.
In terms of 'breatha', well, most of those extra characters were played by New Zealand actors. Needless to say, our accents sound atrocious in comparison to eloquent British or American ways of speaking [img]smile.gif[/img] But hey, orcs are supposed to be repugnant, so that you felt disgusted was probably a good thing
Old 12-22-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

There are two fairly good reasons for leaving Shelob until Return of the King.

1 - It gives Frodo and Sam something to do in the third book besides wander through Mordor.

2 - If you read up on the chronology, it isn't until Gandalf and Pippin arrive at Minas Tirith that Frodo and Sam venture into Cirith Ungol. Everything in the film is happening at the correct pace; it's just that pace isn't very easy to follow in the book.

Tancred
Old 12-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

What no Shelob!?

Was TTT better than the Fellowship?
Old 12-22-2002, 09:33 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

Sorry, I referred to her as She so no spoilers were given!

But anyway, there wasnt. But yes it was probably just as good, if not better.

It was a lot funnier, with Gimli saying 90% of funny lines.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:03 PM   #7
Sythe
Ra

The ents were the coolest I liked the part best when (ENd of 2 towers sPOILER)
When the ents walking to Isenguard and fighting the orcs and stuff and their voices were NarLY!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:09 AM   #8
Turnip_Water

Those Ents walked tall. If we had them here, would be a lot less environmental damage i feel. I liked the cute one that put its fire out in the water - aaaaaaaaaawww!

Old 12-23-2002, 07:16 AM   #9
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

--MINOR SPOILER--

The worgs are meant to look like WOLVES, not HYENAS or LIONS!!!!!!
Plus the malay subtitles spell 'Worg' 'Warg'
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:16 AM   #10
Turnip_Water

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
--MINOR SPOILER--

The worgs are meant to look like WOLVES, not HYENAS or LIONS!!!!!!
Plus the malay subtitles spell 'Worg' 'Warg'
oh no - another one wants it the same as a book

give up, hon - films are always different