Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2002, 02:31 AM   #1
weimer
The Magister

It's not particularly exciting, but unless I'm missing something there really aren't that many IWD2 mods available. ( Personal prediction: despite the better scripting in IWD2, we won't see all that many IWD2 NPC/roleplaying mods because the audience just isn't there. ) Basically, I was tired of replaying Targos over and over again (it's really boring) so I decided to spice it up and make it a little faster.

Hence the Undead Targos mod. Brief description:

The Undead Targos Mod changes the opening area in IWD2. The Town of Targos is now attacked by undead monsters (and some minor goblins). It is still designed for Level 1 Parties, but it is no longer a walk in the park. In addition, this mod allows you to complete the Targos fedex quests more rapidly. It's kinda light on innovative plot devices, but I was just playing around. Basically, this will make your next run through the otherwise-boring tutorial chapter slightly more exciting.

Anyway, it should be perfect for those of you looking for something a little tougher than the standard fare ... but who are also vastly disappointed by Heart of Fury mode.

Same bat time, same bat channel: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/iwd2.html

I'd love to hear comments.
weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:41 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Cool! I started 4 new games, but erased them all because I got too tired of the Prologue! Maybe this will allow me to keep going!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:06 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Nice one Weimer! Also good job on the ease mod for IWD2, I like
Old 11-26-2002, 03:49 PM   #4
weimer
The Magister

Someone recently pointed out to me that v1 of the mod doesn't actually install, so there's a v2 available.

I'm not sure if it deserves a "nice one" (let me know what you think after you've played) but it's at least mildly entertaining.
weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Hehe will do. I love all your 'Ease of Use' mods anyways even if its just for the 'unlimited stacking' feature so yeah imma alot a 'nice one' there.
Oh btw this is the same SpiritWarrior who was trying the Sol, Ease, Item Upgrade and Valen mod with The Darkest Day expansion installed. Just to let you know I completed the game fine with virtually no bugs/problems at all save for that one I told you about in the Twisted Rune. As I said I just uninstalled and then reinstalled (im glad actually because the abundance of skulltraps at the entrance wiped out half my party!).

[ 11-26-2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 11-26-2002, 10:46 PM   #6
Imrahil
Elminster

This is as good a chance as any to say... thanks, Weimer, for putting a twist on all the IE games. I'm gonna try out the new Prologue, but most of all, thanks for re-invigorating SoA-ToB for me - I'm running back through the game just to try out all your tweaks. Thanks for your hard work (&, hey, no matter how minor you think it is, some of us will re-run the game just to see anything different [img]smile.gif[/img] )

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 07:46 PM   #7
Terl
Dungeon Master

Hideous. That is the only word that describes it. I installed the undead addition for starting for the first time with new character. HoF has nothing on this. Given that magical weapons and lots of HP are necessary to take on the nasty-nasties, I had to spend a fair amount of time working out a strategy. It is a good thing the monsters do not go out the doors with you.
(possible spoiler)
~
`
~
~
~
~
~
~
I was hoping to be able to keep 1 or 2 of the 'special' arrows that you get from one of the fetch quests, but as it is you don't have as many as you could really use.

Unfortunately, after going through this, the next couple quests, like the bridge thing, seemed to be too tame.
Terl is offline   Reply With Quote