Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 03:43 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Letter

Kinda pissed, but in a way not. [img]smile.gif[/img] For many of you that have played MY Mod, "Escape From Undermountain" for the last year, you know that you start out in the Yawning Portal, yada, yada... and this new Hordes of the Underdark is VERY close to my mod, even with the 'Cook' and the well and all...... I even have a basement where drow have tunneled up, and attack you!

I just have a feeling someone from Bioware got ideas from my Mod. [img]smile.gif[/img] It IS a popular mod--we get loads of players, but it kinda erks me.

NOW people that have played my mod a lot, will be like "HEY! I've been here" So it's kinda cool too. ALSO, now I have a better Durnan NPC and voice, as well as a better waterwell.

Lol.. I STILL think my Tavern is better. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:01 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Perhaps you should demand some of the profit from the sale of HotU.

No seriously, I suppose you should be honoured in a way, I mean a established game developer is using some parts of your module in their game. They simply thought it was good enough to use it.

And yeah, there have probably been a BioWare 'spy' playing your module at one time or another. EfU is set in the same place as HotU AFAIK, so it seem logic for them to check it out and perhaps get some good ideas.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:34 PM   #3
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Isn't that tavern with the well and the cook character and all an actual place in Realms lore though?
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Cool... maybe they will ask yoi nicley do design mods for them... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:01 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Isn't that tavern with the well and the cook character and all an actual place in Realms lore though?
Yeah, it is, but...Having played in the OC, it's hauntingly familiar, in some ways, and way different in others.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Ziroc's Dragons are a whole lot tougher and I have my game cranked up to its hardest level. But, Ziroc you need to put your mod on disk and send it to Bioware with a Job App. Bioware could use somebody that is more in tuned to details than the turky's that work for them now

I haven't gotten down to the second level yet and I have all the rods needed to go but I want to check out every square inch of this verison of the Undermountain.

I do have to side with Ziroc and say "YES he has developed a much better Tavern"! only thing he didn't put in his Inn is the second well that they use for fresh water but at the same time there are passages that lead to the plane of Hades by way of the pool of Loss. But no one has ever been fool enough to go down the smaller well.

If any of you have any of the maps of waterdeep like the one that comes with the AD&D Box set "Forgotten Realms City of Splendors" you will notice that the dock is set way to close to the Tavern in the Hords of the Underdark. The nearest dock area compaired to The Yawning Portal Inn is some 50 Houses and stores away and 10 streets. Also Ziroc's Inn is alot closer in size to what the original Forgotten Realms portrayed in all of the Mods, including The discriptions and map in Volos Guide to waterdeep.

Ziroc Wins hands down and he did it first!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:39 AM   #7
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Does it use the same tileset? the same music?
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:50 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

They took most of their stuff from the TSR Escape from Undermountain PNP module just like Ziroc did. I did like the HotU tavern although it was a bit bare (but then I think Ziroc's is a bit crowded so I don't win either way). I remember George saying they changed a few things to make it work for them but hey, since they have Hasbro's consent they can do just about anything :|. All in all though I was delighted to see them incorporate EFU since being the designers, they would create new content specifically do achieve what they wanted (like that well mechanism).