Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
Legolas
Jack Burton

Light Bulb

I never thought I'd say it, but to all of you who did install Hordes already, there is only one thing that can be said...
You poor things.

At the moment, only a few servers upgraded to HotU already to give their players and DMs the time to get the expansion themselves. Because HotU's version number is 1.58, and NWN and SoU use 1.32, those who upgraded already can't join the SoU and NWN servers. Nya [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm actually quite envious of those who can play Hordes already, so excuse my rubbing this in.
You'll be stuck playing the Single Player campaign all by yourselves whilst the rest of us is off enjoying the MP part...

Everyone who is about to install HotU, be warned, there'll be no compatability until Bioware releases the 1.60 patch this Wednesday.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

The OC is meant to be single player so there's not much difference. I've bought it today and am getting it as present tomorrow. Can't wait [img]smile.gif[/img]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It don't bother me at all, in fact I like it since it gives me a chance to play the OC and not worry about missing out online.

There are actually a good few HotU servers up already, I was in one briefly last night with 15 people in it ^_^ (just look for green colored names for HotU) and it was great. Left after a bit though, since I am still getting through the OC. I'd personally rather play offline than online without HotU..SOU is old and I need new stuff or nothing at all .

[ 12-05-2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

This is what you need to do:

Copy your neverwinter nights folder.

Then install HoTU into one of those folders.

You want to play on your favourite server which doesn't have HoTU yet?

Launch the game from the copied folder.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:14 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:

I'm actually quite envious of those who can play Hordes already, so excuse my rubbing this in.
You'll be stuck playing the Single Player campaign all by yourselves whilst the rest of us is off enjoying the MP part...
I'm EXTREMELY envious... [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:41 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
It don't bother me at all, in fact I like it since it gives me a chance to play the OC and not worry about missing out online.
I'd personally rather play offline than online without HotU..SOU is old and I need new stuff or nothing at all .
Lies, all lies!
*mutters*

I think I'll go pick up a copy now... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I'd personally rather play offline than online without HotU..SOU is old and I need new stuff or nothing at all .
Lies, all lies!
*mutters*

I think I'll go pick up a copy now... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Hehehe. You'll love it. Right now, there are many server with HOTU, I just went into Mper and checked.