Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 06:22 PM   #61
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
I have been reading all of this and I really didn't want to get involved but my husband wanted to say a few things. So I am typing what he is saying.
"In regard to negative comments about the U.S.A., alot of people all over the world owe everything they have to us."
Name one group of people that owe everything they have to us!

I am not bashing your husband so please don't read this that way. I am just asking the question.

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-07-2001, 06:24 PM   #62
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Name one group of people that owe everything they have to us!

I am not bashing your husband so please don't read this that way. I am just asking the question.
Sorry but I won't answer that.

Old 04-07-2001, 06:27 PM   #63
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, he certainly has his opinion. but that doesnt make me feel any better. he doesnt have to explain anything, and i dont have to change my opnion, and you dont have to care. if he wants to be left out of this, then ignore my posts. if he or you choose to confront it, then explain yourself

I thank you for being so nice not saying negative things about me. i havent said any but my opinion, i cannot help if you consider it a false one, but don't make mistake if i care to correct it just because you point out i am making assumptions. you dont have to care as well, either way

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 06:28 PM   #64
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:
I agree, 250. Neither side can claim innocence or justification in this matter.

I was in college/university at the time the Iranian "students" siezed the US Embassy in Terheran (sp?). There was an Iranian kid in my dorm who caught hell from just about everyone but me and a few others. This guy was thousands of miles from home and family and scared to death that a bunch of us Americans were going to take him hostage.

Anyhow, this poor kid did hate the Shah and with good reason - his father was a newspaper editor who printed some stories which displeased the Shah. The kid's father went to work one day and never came home. He also resented the way in which the American intelligence and military organizations had not only put the Shah in power but helped keep him there for over twenty years. The kid did not, however have anything against the American people, did not agree with the Embassy seizure and was scared to death of what Khomeni and his zealots would do to his country.

Poor guy wound up leaving school and going back to Iran to be with his mother. A Syrian girl, who also lived in the dorm, kept in touch with him for a while. She stopped getting replies when war between Iran and Iraq started.

Damned shame *P*E*O*P*L*E* can't resolve these disputes instead of governments...

I won't get into this debate under any circumstances, but just wanted to thank you, IR, for the above post.

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 04-07-2001, 06:46 PM   #65
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

well, give your husband my regards

and tell him start thinking from now on
You mean to tell me 250, that wasn't negative??

Old 04-07-2001, 06:54 PM   #66
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
I totally agree.

i know at least two places had huge slaughters in the first half of year 2001. one is an island nation around Indonisya. 1000 ppl reported death. where was US? he doesn't say a thing. where was US when Israel open fire to Palestin people? what did he do? he stands up and back up Israel.

US cannot be blamed for all the killing going on out there. but if he claims he is the protector of the world, then he can go **** himself, because the truth is he is not.

In both of those instances the U.S.A. was NOT ask by anyone to step in, so we didn't step in. Right or wrong the fact is that the U.S.A. is top dog. As for nationalism I not talking about that I talking about pride in the country of ones citzenship. If the U.S.A. was to be nationalist who could stop us? How would they stop us? Throughout history no country has been in our position and not been nationalistic till now! We have the best and the baddest nukes we could stomp all commers, but we don't. Yeh, that sounds like a mean country to me.

As for the Palesinains were was your anger when Israelis were attacked? Two wrongs don't make a right remember? Or does that logic only apply when being used to argue with someone who's opinions differ from yours? Crap happens in this world, your country must be perpared or parish.
250 I'm not attacking you just your logic, but I did notice that in your response to Draciona you attacked the person, her husband. Now I ask you in all sincerity who has remained true to their convictions? The evil meanspirited conservative southern red-neck (code word for hate monger)or the enlightened one? No where can it be found where I have said anything hateful about anyone, I have disagreeed with the opinions, I have disagreed with the logic of others. Yet, my postions are concidered to be the mean one. In one of your earlier post you told me to go home, a complety ineffective remark, since the odds are thats where I already am, and IMHO a rather childish remark.(I said the remark was childish not you)

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 07:00 PM   #67
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
Quote:

well, give your husband my regards

and tell him start thinking from now on
You mean to tell me 250, that wasn't negative??

well, i've decided to leave you and your husband out of this. howeverm since you asked, i will share a little. to be honest, that WAS the first thing came into my mind. thats right, i dont know you and your husband. ppl do make assumptions easily, no one can escape this. i am afraid i wasn't so wise to consider mine more carefully. i said it, so i said it. it was negative, i cannot help.

I would apologize if I did it out of pure intention to start a flame or attack, but I did not. it was my opinion.

anyway, that above wasn't what the point wanted to say
I re-read your post more carefully, trying my best to pond every word you post. I made more assumptions:

first, your husband never came near computer, which ashamed me in comparison because it only sounds like he is a man with real things to do and real matters to concern instead of sitting here arguing over none-sense (like me).

second, he is obviously not stupid. I seriously suspect there is much more to his claim than the apparence.

third, he is aware of what is going on out there, and he still made this claim.

I dont know why i am posting this because i am afraid i might be doing a fiendish thing to re-open someone's memory or maybe he knows something, anyway, i stop right here
Old 04-07-2001, 07:00 PM   #68
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
k, sorry for that. shouldnt have made assumptions
Dadgomeit 250 now I got to aplogize to you I was typing my novel when you post went through to Dracoina You know how us rednecks hate say we're sorry
Old 04-07-2001, 07:16 PM   #69
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Quote:
I totally agree.

i know at least two places had huge slaughters in the first half of year 2001. one is an island nation around Indonisya. 1000 ppl reported death. where was US? he doesn't say a thing. where was US when Israel open fire to Palestin people? what did he do? he stands up and back up Israel.

US cannot be blamed for all the killing going on out there. but if he claims he is the protector of the world, then he can go **** himself, because the truth is he is not.

In both of those instances the U.S.A. was NOT ask by anyone to step in, so we didn't step in. Right or wrong the fact is that the U.S.A. is top dog. As for nationalism I not talking about that I talking about pride in the country of ones citzenship. If the U.S.A. was to be nationalist who could stop us? How would they stop us? Throughout history no country has been in our position and not been nationalistic till now! We have the best and the baddest nukes we could stomp all commers, but we don't. Yeh, that sounds like a mean country to me.

As for the Palesinains were was your anger when Israelis were attacked? Two wrongs don't make a right remember? Or does that logic only apply when being used to argue with someone who's opinions differ from yours? Crap happens in this world, your country must be perpared or parish.
250 I'm not attacking you just your logic, but I did notice that in your response to Draciona you attacked the person, her husband. Now I ask you in all sincerity who has remained true to their convictions? The evil meanspirited conservative southern red-neck (code word for hate monger)or the enlightened one? No where can it be found where I have said anything hateful about anyone, I have disagreeed with the opinions, I have disagreed with the logic of others. Yet, my postions are concidered to be the mean one. In one of your earlier post you told me to go home, a complety ineffective remark, since the odds are thats where I already am, and IMHO a rather childish remark.(I said the remark was childish not you)

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-07-2001).]
I cannot believe you still held that empty claims believing US the world's biggest savior or something.

"if US are nationalist, who could stop us?"
the answer is everyone. you dare to do such a thing openly against everyone on earth? no empires/tyrannies, be it Roman Kingdom, Mongalian, or any other stood against its people's rage and not being crushed

"through out the history, no country has..."
what history are you indicating? short like 200 years? well, i tell you, your history is only a drop of water in the ocean wide time. how pathetic this "mighty" would seem when centuries later. when the new comers look back and hear their ancestors' empty claims/boasts echo through the waste which used to be a mighty nation, and they point out "this, was USA"

about Palestine, had not US been so strongly support Israel, it wouldn't have the guts to openly stood against all Arab countries and took Palestines' lands. this caused today's cnstant warfares in mid-west. US did it, why? because they need to maintain a strong supply of oil as well as a powerful ally.

anyway, thats about all i want to say. i have better things to do. my remark about "go home" is not to you but your nation, think it childish if you mst. know that if you dont allow people's casual talk, then.... err, i dont know.

about attacking Draconia's husband. she can prove me wrong if she wills, or she can choose to believe my ignorance and avoid answering my insult. either way.
Old 04-07-2001, 07:28 PM   #70
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this is my last post here

I have been posting all those based on my own perspective and assumptions, after all, i am a person knows little about politics while i am trying to understand it. if what i said was naive or seem out of place then take it as a laugh, know that those were my honest opinions.

having said that, i am going to let the matter drop and get going with my life.