Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Spoilers!

I am not sure if this will work for other encounters, but when the shadow thief bumps into you and asks for help before vampires come, I discovered if you immidiatly attack the main vampire who will speak, she won't speak and that means her two lackey vampires just stand there waiting, while you kill them off one by one.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:51 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
Spoilers!

I am not sure if this will work for other encounters, but when the shadow thief bumps into you and asks for help before vampires come, I discovered if you immidiatly attack the main vampire who will speak, she won't speak and that means her two lackey vampires just stand there waiting, while you kill them off one by one.
This is a variant of Fake Talk, as done by Duncan Clay, but it's such a universal (and obvious) cheese tactic that he's probably the first to document it. But anyway...

Supposedly, if you kill something that's trying to talk to you (blue-circle neutral instead of red-circle hostile), they won't fight back. This can be used to kill the "unkillables" in the game (things that aren't supposed to die before a certain point) but will SERIOUSLY screw the game up.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:19 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

True. This is just one more cheap tactic. We, good gamers, would never use such a glitch.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
True. This is just one more cheap tactic. We, good gamers, would never use such a glitch.
Riiight
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote