Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 02:09 AM   #1
theGrimm
Manshoon

In my quest to solo BGII and ToB with the most ridiculously powerful (legal) classes, I have decided to solo a Ranger->Cleric. My cleric/mage is already rather nasty.

But I can't decide at which level to dual. I intend to dual wield hammers and flails, so level nine should give me enough weapon proficiencies to specialize in hammers, flails and slings, and put three in dual wield.

But level 12 will improve thaco and stealth (though not usefully). Will it improve APR over level 9? Level 12 also requires requires ridiculous amounts of exp. Though exp comes quick in a solo game, pure fighter types struggle to complete some sections, I'd think, and gaining exp would be hit-n-run slow.

Ideas welcome...
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

level 9 will give you a solid dual-wielding cleric with some combat bonuses - also level 10 cleric comes quickly like you say

level 12 give you one proficiency * that you won't really need but will cost you some cleric XP and time for not that much difference imo

level 13 gives you an extra 1/2 attack per round which is significant if you want to major on melee (this would be the 'solo with TOB' dual point of choice i think)

(from a pure power perspective if you want to do a lot of melee i think a multiclass ranger/cleric beats the duals)

enjoy - i'm playing a beastmaster through BG1 at the moment with an eye to dualling at 13
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I say go with C/R Multi-Class. You get *all* Priest spells. And HLA`s from both classes if you have ToB. Wich is just insanely good.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

If you are playing just SoA, then best to dual class (no access to HLA). If you are playing ToB, then multiclassing just rules with the HLA. If you do want to just dual class, then if playing SoA dual at level 9 and if playing ToB dual at level 13 (the extra 1/2 attack does make a difference).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote