Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 02:19 PM   #1
RandomIAm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

damn... it runs great till this point.
the game always freezes in the temple of the serpent cult. it happens when i try to enter a room nearby the four spiders.
i dont now why, but it happens exactly at the same spot....

i have win2k with dx8.0 and the latest indeo video codecs.
(yes i now win2k and dx8.0 are not the best piece of sofware for w&w, but everything works fine till this point?!)

RandomIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Random!!

Well, DirectX 8 may be the problem - one of the options would be to try downgrading to DirectX 7 for the sake of the game OR you could send me a copy of your gamexx.sav and I can get you past this particular spot - what exactly is it that you "need" to do near the 4 spiders?? (is this near the nectar making machine??)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 12:07 PM   #3
RandomIAm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm... i dont find the thread whith the link to the prog that is able to remove directx
RandomIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 07:34 PM   #4
Ladybug
Dungeon Master

There's a site for that:

http://www.directxbuster.de/index_e.html

Ladybug
Ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 11:54 PM   #5
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Consider yourself lucky!!! I have frequent freezes in my game. Generally, I only have to punch the ESC key (which brings me back to the desktop). I have rarely had a freeze that required a total system reset. This freeze can occur at almost any time. I am running this game with 256MB RAM, a 450MZ processor, have DirectX7 or 8, on a 20GB HD partioned into 3 equal parts (so room to grow as far as this game is concerned should be no problem). Also using a Sound Blaster LIVE sound card. Perhaps my problem lies in the crummy(??) built-in video chip on my Momma board?? It is a pain in the butt to have this happen as often as it does. Another good reason for FREQUENT SAVES!!!! I have not had this freeze problem with other games so far. I only have the Sunken City & the CET pyramid left to go, so solutions to this problem may not be worth the effort to implement!
Boppa is offline   Reply With Quote