Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 11:28 AM   #1
suzanathene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually I feel a bit of a fool, I've done a search and there is very little on killing beholders, does that mean that really thy're quite easy? I'm doing the unseeing eye quest, trying to cross the bridge, b4 I can do anything this thing, Garth or something and this beholder guy destroy most of my party, I read something about lower resistance and hold monster spells that should help but these guys get me well b4 I get them. Any help very welcome.
suzanathene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:37 AM   #2
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...well, yes, most beholders are actually quiete easy. First, they are vulnarable to some spells like cloud kill a.s.o., but usually its easier to backstab the unseen eye and thenn kill it iwth your fighters...

...Anyway you shoul consider doing the Unseen-Eye-Quest...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

...if you speak with Garth he should offer you a quest to obtain some magic artifact, using it later on the unseen eye should'nt be a problem....
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:43 AM   #3
suzanathene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thamks, I'll try the cloudkill. This beholder ism't the unseeing eye, I'm still trying to get the first bit of rod, and I hink I may have got Garths name wrong cos' theres no way this guy is going to speak with me he just kills me with electricity on sight.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:43 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Beholders are actually tough, but two items in the game basically reduce them to the difficulty of hostile bunnies.

The Shield of Balduran, and the Cloak of Mirroring.

You need the bonus merchants for the Shield, and you only get the Cloak in Chapter 4.

Bonus merchants can be downloaded from Balderdash.

Oh, and welcome to the Ironworks Forums.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:46 AM   #5
suzanathene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome. Isn't the bonus merchant thing a bit of a cheat? Anyway where do you fingd them once downloaded?
Old 12-06-2001, 12:00 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by suzanathene:
Thanks for the welcome. Isn't the bonus merchant thing a bit of a cheat? Anyway where do you fingd them once downloaded?

If the bonus merchants are considered cheating, then all those who forked out extra money to buy the collector's edition and those who pre-ordered the game are cheating. The bonus merchants are part of the game, and were used as an incentive to make people buy early and spend more. Letting everybody have the bonus merchants will allow everybody to share what they have to offer.

Deidre can be found in the Adventurer's Mart.

Joluv can be found in the Copper Coronet.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:05 PM   #7
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...Deidre is part of the official patch, so its not cheating anyway...

...and the Cloak of mirroring is one hell of an item, just run into lots of Beholders - stand still and wait ))))) ....
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:57 PM   #8
suzanathene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry. Didn't realise about the bonus merchants, I think I've downloaded the file( I'm not too hot on these download bits and pieces) anyway I've tried the beholders again without success so I'm off to find one of these guys to buy the cloak.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:02 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No need to be sorry. [img]smile.gif[/img] Deidre sells the Shield of Balduran by the way, you get the Cloak of Mirroring from a fight in Chapter 4.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:07 PM   #10
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

Here is a cool hints page (including a 'how to kill a ...' section) :

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/index.php

hope they can help you.