Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
Mrbbq
Welcomed New User

Here is my problem, im at the dragon's eye part and when i take the stairs to level 3, i get the following message:

"An Assertion failed in ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 261. Programmer says: Uncompression Error: -3"

I search a little and found out that by reinstalling the game it would fix the problem. Guess what? Same error =( . I even tried to install the game on two other computers... same result.

But what I found out is that when i install the game i receive an error message. The message is about a certain file that cant be uncompressed or something like that. I have to select ignore for the installation to continue. So i think that is my problem. The file is "ANMuni2.bif" located in the "\Icewind Dale II\Data\" folder. Size is 22 mb.

Im looking for some kind soul that could send me this file. It could be by irc, icq, email or by any other instant message program.

Regards

Jp
Mrbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

This is a well known problem. Reason: CD is scratched.

Now although getting the file from someone should fix it, another solution is to get one of those CD repair kits. It is usually effective and fixes the problem easily.

Still if you want the file add me on messenger

zfr77@hotmail.com

if you cant use messenger tell me and I'll activate my ICQ.

(do NOT send emails on this one. I receive so much spam I no longer check it and only keep it for the messenger)

[ 07-06-2005, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Mrbbq
Welcomed New User

Ok i have added you to my msn. Ill leave it online all day. Ill send you a message when ill see you online. Thank you for your help.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
Mrbbq
Welcomed New User

It worked!! Thank you very much ZFR! Im happy!