Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

yesterday was the bali bombing. i was sooo sad because that was my brother that was killed in that footy team incident. i guess he's in the right hands now, but all i wanna do is kill those bloody terrorists! they've done so much now why don't we just bomb 'em? that way every1 wins eh? i dunno thats what i think.
what about you?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 10-13-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Your brother was killed? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

What? I understand some of your slang, but I also feel there is reality in there as well. Could you please enlighten us?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Felix, I shall intepret for you.

"yesterday was the bali bombing. i was sooo sad because that was my brother that was killed in that footy team incident. i guess he's in the right hands now, but all i wanna do is kill those bloody terrorists! they've done so much now why don't we just bomb 'em? that way every1 wins eh? i dunno thats what i think.
what about you"

Yesterday was the Bali Bombing (bombing at bali that occurred two years ago, many Australians died). Burnzey boys' brother was in a football team that went over to Bali for thier post season celebration, and from the looks of it, was one of the ones that were sadly killed. Burnzey boy would like to kill those bloody terrorists (bloody is like a very very mild cuss word over here... just use your imagination and try replacing it with other cuss words to understand) I assume he is talking about a "better place" when he says "he is in the right hands now". He thinks we should bomb the perpetrators of this terrible act.

That enough clarification for ya?

Burnzey boy - I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how hard it would have been for you. Hope you and your family are doing ok, or better than you were at least. I know the pain is still fresh in a lot of Ozzies minds, and for that matter, families of the innocent Balinese people that were killed in the tragedy as well. You have IW's condolences.

[ 10-13-2004, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Dave_the_quack ]
Old 10-13-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

what dave said..

alot of australians died that day. I dont know how many but i do know its at LEAST 60 Aussie died from that suicide blast. RIP

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-13-2004, 07:57 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Damn..That sucks burnzey boi, I didnt know anyone that died in the bali bombing, but im sure it was very hard for you.
Once again, RIP.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My deepest condolences, Bunzeyboy. As for killing the terrorists, we are trying.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:24 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My condolences as well, burnzey boi.

(It might be easier for non-Aussies to understand if the title was 'yesterday was the anniversary of the bali bombing' or something like that. ) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-13-2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The numbers that stick in my head are 202 killed, and 88 of them Australian.

I will see if I can find an article from today :

Quote:
Memories of Bali bombing
October 13, 2004

Kuta (Indonesia): In beach shorts and black armbands, mourners met yesterday under blue Bali skies for an emotional ceremony to remember 202 people killed two years ago when bombs tore through the heart of Indonesia's resort island.

Clutching each other for support, survivors and friends
and families of victims offered prayers, sang songs and ob-served 202 seconds of silence for those who died in the October 12 2002 attack by Islamic militants.

"We are here to remember all who died or were injured here on that awful day," Australia's ambassador to Indonesia, David Ritchie, said at a newly-completed monument bearing the names of the victims.

"I want you to know, however, that we are always here for you and we will always stand beside you. For all of us the events of that day have become part of our own lives, they represent a loss of innocence, a tragedy for all of those who value peace, beauty and what is right."

88 Australians were killed as well as people from 21 other countries by the bombs planted by the Al-Qaeda-linked Jemaah Islamiyah terrorist group.

As the ceremony got under way, widows and children of the Indonesian victims were joined by 120 Australian family members, friends of the dead and foreign officials laying wreaths at the monument in front of the bomb sites.

The monument, featuring a Balinese tree-like sculpture, a small fountain and the 22 flags of the victims' homelands, stands between the Sari Club and Paddy's Bar where the two bombs exploded.

Many survivors, struggling with injuries and memories of the attack on Bali's Kuta tourist strip, attended the ceremony, joining in a tearful rendition of Australia's unofficial national anthem Waltzing Matilda.

"It is good after two years, when I have had time to heal, to come back to something like this," said Andrew Csabi of Australia, who lost a leg in the bombing. "Next year I will have improved even more."

Australian survivor Mitch Ryan was with other members of his Southport Sharks football team mourning the loss of teammate Billy Hardy.

"It doesn't get any easier, it is still a real emotional time, but I have got great friends and family and everyone looks after each other," said Ryan, who was also injured in the blasts.

About 400 tourists turned out to witness yesterday's ceremony.

Although visitors are re-turning to Bali, the island is still struggling to pick up after the bombs, and subsequent attacks in Indonesia, hit its vital tourism industry.

The Bali attack, the worst in terms of human casualty since the September 11 2001 strikes in the US, was followed by a deadly blast at Jakarta's Marriott hotel in August 2003 and on the city's Australian embassy last month.

Security was tight, with streets blocked off, a helicopter buzzing overhead and snipers on rooftops
Old 10-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #10
Arvon
Unicorn

I don't want to get too far into this discussion, but I think we (the US) are too 'pc' in dealing with these barbarians.

Oh BTW Thanks to all you Aussies in being in this with us.

[ 10-13-2004, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up