Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm getting this game. From what I've heard, it's a really good tactical shooter squad game, which is good.

However, are there many bugs after the patch (if there is one) is applied? Are the bugs left (if any) capable of ending your game? Is the combat like Fallout 2 (you start out with 1 melee weapon and try to hack your way through speckled geckos with more HP than you), or do you actually start out with guns? Is it good to choose Small Arms in the beginning, or is it a waste of points?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

its been awhile since ive played this game but its a good tactics with real time so it wont slow you down. turnbase is optional as well.

i forgot the weapons for small and big arms.. melee isnt good in the long run though.. you might have big trouble when you go up against certain enemies later in game.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

'kay. Another question: To play the game, will I need all 3 CDs if I did a full installation?
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Since Installing I have only had to use disc 2. I am probably about a third way through the game were I can now recruit Ghouls into my party.

After installing the patch I have not come across any bugs yet.

With melee I find it useful when you don't wish to shoot innocent bystanders who are in the way. I recently pummeled an unconscious baby deathclaw with some Tiger Claws. Without this tactic I would have ended up shooting the Ghouls causing them to become unfriendly towards me and then I would not have been able to recruit them into the Brotherhood. I could play this game over just to try out certain characters and tactics.

[ 01-05-2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #5
pritchke

Christ, I can now recruit Deathclaws.

Has any one tried the Ghouls or Deathclaws? are they any good? I am a knight so I currently have a slew of decent people to recruit from.

This game I have been sticking to my original crew. Me (leader), Farsight (sniper/thief), Stitch (doctor), Brian (Big guns), Ice (Sniper)

I also take Jo along as a driver on some missions, that is all she does.

[ 01-07-2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-07-2004, 06:05 PM   #6
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

[img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm currently slogging through the first mission. I only have like an hour a day, so I haven't been able to do much. However, the standard way that I go about it:

Stitch goes in Stealth'ed, and recons the area. Checks out where the enemy is and the terrain. If possible, he also sneaks up behind one of the enemy. Right when Farsight enters the 40% or mroe target range, both of them fire at the same time, hopefully taking one of them out. My main character then runs in and double-taps the remaining enemy.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, finished the first mission. I also recruited Ice in my party. Stitch isn't that great at using his weapon, but he's a decent Shotgunner. I rarely, if ever use him for his Doctor skill because of the 53 Stimpacks I have.

Due to the fact that I now have two close-medium ranged guys, and two Snipers, I'll try that out for now. Oh, and my leader is tagging Big + Small + Energy Guns. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #8
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Bleh; Due to the crappy % of all of my shooters, I'm finding it more efficient just to steal up and OHKO the person with a Shotgun. Too bad I only have 35 shells left.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
pritchke

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Bleh; Due to the crappy % of all of my shooters, I'm finding it more efficient just to steal up and OHKO the person with a Shotgun. Too bad I only have 35 shells left.
Not to worry you will find more shells and better weapons later on.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
pritchke

Just started playing this again. Trying different tactics this time. I have been using people with strong unarmed and melee skills. I am surprised they are actually quit effective and deadly in the early going and it has been good to take one or even two of them along. Saves on bullets!!!

[ 01-25-2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]