Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2003, 06:17 AM   #81
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

In our equal opportunity society, it's far better to have one rule for all. Either cover up everyone, or everyone needs to get self control.
Uh, Hugh, that's exactly what I said in my post. What are you arguing about?

And it's nothing to do with culture that I'd find a topless woman in the middle of Amsterdam weird, but with geography. A woman who went topless in Amsterdam most of the times would literally freeze her tits off. In Middle Africa where tribeswomen go nude or topless, it's usually nicer weather for it.

Donut... LMAO!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:22 AM   #82
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by yorick
---------------------
In our equal opportunity society, it's far better to have one rule for all. Either cover up everyone, or everyone needs to get self control.
can i make a small comment about that yorick? [img]smile.gif[/img] personally, i dont believe everyone can have self control. most people have it, and some dont.. so what do they do? if some women exercise thier right going around topless, they would only just be inviting rapist and other unsavory type of character. for example.. there are already rapist out there who pursue people and rape them, and most of the time, and these women already have thier clothes on.. i think there would be more of a possibility that people without clothes (meaning topless) on the streets would be inviting a bigger percent chance of rapist pursuing them. and another thing, some people may have a psychological or medical dysfunction that would prompt them to do somethings that he/she and the victim would regret if he/she sees a woman walking around topless.

another view i should point out, is what would be the definition of women going topless in new york.. will they be labeled slutty, whorish, sexy, or just plain naked. some people dress up differently to give thier identity, and if you take away the clothes, then you could be making your own identity as topless.. or making none at all since you dont have any clothes on.. get my meaning here guys??

to contradict my own statement above
it is not the society's norm to accept topless people nowadays unless they are usually in beaches (or shows either r18 or otherwise) but if they would be considered soceity's norm, then there would be no problem about going topless now.. would there??

a opinion regarding this matter:
there will always be conservatist or fundamentalist (not in general but some people) who would be against the fact of going topless regarding this since they, (i prefer muslim, catholic, and other religous faith regarding this) would be offended by this act of going on topless alone. heck, just for the extremist, thinking impure thoughts would warrant them to going to confession (roman catholic). and if those conservatist cant control thier emotions (for some wierd reason) and attack those naked topless women then they would say that it is the other persons act of going topless that prompted them. would it still be thier fault?

this are just my opinion.. feel free to contradict on what i said or debate about it.. if you get angry and want to spite me.. DONT.. take a deep breath and be civilized. and dont hate me for saying these stuff..

cheers

ps: this small comment is kinda long.. hope you dont get eyesore reading this .. and oh yeah. sorry bout that yorick.. may small comment got out of hand a little regarding your post, not that i hate you or anything about that post.. just had to make that comment...

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-26-2003, 12:30 PM   #83
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Uh, Hugh, that's exactly what I said in my post. What are you arguing about?

And it's nothing to do with culture that I'd find a topless woman in the middle of Amsterdam weird, but with geography. A woman who went topless in Amsterdam most of the times would literally freeze her tits off. In Middle Africa where tribeswomen go nude or topless, it's usually nicer weather for it.

Donut... LMAO!
[/QUOTE]Uh... I wasn't arguing anything. I was agreeing and discussing Sarah..

Re. the culture, sure it is. It's a cold weather culture.

The point I was making was more that if no-one's doing something, and then someone does it, it's wierd.

It would be wierd if someone walked topless into a fish and chip shop 200 metres from a Sydney beach. Why? Toplessness is normal 200 metres away, and it's hot weather. Why is it wierd? No-one does it. Goes against a cultural norm.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #84
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
quote:

posted by yorick
---------------------
can i make a small comment about that yorick? [img]smile.gif[/img] personally, i dont believe everyone can have self control. most people have it, and some dont.. so what do they do? if some women exercise thier right going around topless, they would only just be inviting rapist and other unsavory type of character. for example.. there are already rapist out there who pursue people and rape them, and most of the time, and these women already have thier clothes on.. i think there would be more of a possibility that people without clothes (meaning topless) on the streets would be inviting a bigger percent chance of rapist pursuing them. and another thing, some people may have a psychological or medical dysfunction that would prompt them to do somethings that he/she and the victim would regret if he/she sees a woman walking around topless.

another view i should point out, is what would be the definition of women going topless in new york.. will they be labeled slutty, whorish, sexy, or just plain naked. some people dress up differently to give thier identity, and if you take away the clothes, then you could be making your own identity as topless.. or making none at all since you dont have any clothes on.. get my meaning here guys??

to contradict my own statement above
it is not the society's norm to accept topless people nowadays unless they are usually in beaches (or shows either r18 or otherwise) but if they would be considered soceity's norm, then there would be no problem about going topless now.. would there??

a opinion regarding this matter:
there will always be conservatist or fundamentalist (not in general but some people) who would be against the fact of going topless regarding this since they, (i prefer muslim, catholic, and other religous faith regarding this) would be offended by this act of going on topless alone. heck, just for the extremist, thinking impure thoughts would warrant them to going to confession (roman catholic). and if those conservatist cant control thier emotions (for some wierd reason) and attack those naked topless women then they would say that it is the other persons act of going topless that prompted them. would it still be thier fault?

this are just my opinion.. feel free to contradict on what i said or debate about it.. if you get angry and want to spite me.. DONT.. take a deep breath and be civilized. and dont hate me for saying these stuff..

cheers

ps: this small comment is kinda long.. hope you dont get eyesore reading this .. and oh yeah. sorry bout that yorick.. may small comment got out of hand a little regarding your post, not that i hate you or anything about that post.. just had to make that comment...
[/QUOTE]Harkoliar-Zorotorak, you are as ever, a champion my friend [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-26-2003, 12:44 PM   #85
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Just because it was ruled by the supreme court that women can go topless doesn't mean they'll actually do it. Being topless in a swarm of people in New York is just begging to be followed by stalkers, rappers, or just really horny people. I don't think girls would put it to the test unless they had two reasons, for one if has to do with vacation time (Spring Break) or... maybe two if they didn't have any clean laundry [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2003, 12:45 PM   #86
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
posted by yorick:
----------------------
Harkoliar-Zorotorak, you are as ever, a champion my friend
OFF TOPIC sorry...

and you as well [img]smile.gif[/img] . glad you still remember me and im still waiting for you to visit the philipines . (of course there is SARS now) so i guess you should wait for a while.

oh yeah, ive read your posts about the piracy & music sharing thingie.. i got curious about your songs.. do you have by chance a full copy of your songs in which i can download, with your permission of course, .. many people have been complimenting it a good long time but i havnet heard of it yet (since i got a lousy internet, and always at the wrong time during radio sessions)...

pm me about that ok? dont want to put this thread off topic now ..

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-26-2003, 11:57 PM   #87
MagiK

Americans in general seem to have adopted a really weird aversion to seeing the human body in its natural state. Personally Id like to see more nudity on TV and less violence [img]smile.gif[/img] And while it may now be legal for women to go topless in New York, Im betting that very few ladies will avail themselves of this freedom.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #88
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'll assume no one read my earlier post, and so will reiterate:

1. It is not *legal.* Rather, some lady sued the City and the city settled for $10K, which is chump change compared to the costs of fighting, and even likely beating back, a lawsuit - especially since it would be appealed.

2. I wholly support topless women. I think the bad is worth taking in consideration of the *good* we would all see. I am perfectly happy with women dangling their non-sexual vuluptuous assets all about, and will admit they are not genetalia, but will iterate that like bare buttocks, legs, thighs, and tummies they nevertheless are a complete turn-on.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:16 AM   #89
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Americans in general seem to have adopted a really weird aversion to seeing the human body in its natural state. Personally Id like to see more nudity on TV and less violence [img]smile.gif[/img]
For once I agree totally with you Magick. Why I can sit down with my kids in the middle of the day and watch kids cartoons or children’s programmes with wanton death and destruction, yet have to explain about sex because children are not exposed to it I guess I will never figure out.

Death and violence is obscene, a woman’s body is a work of art. [img]graemlins/2cents.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-28-2003, 11:25 AM   #90
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Women have been allowed to go topless in Toronto for a long time, but it has not led to herds of bouncing breasts running down the streets. For a time when the law was first passed, prostitutes took advantage of it, but now you never really see it. I think women should have the right to do as they please and I recognize that very few would choose to avail themselves of the opportunity.
I see nothing wrong with the human body. We live in a culture that is sex-obsessed because we are so repressed. If we could accept all parts of the human body as equal and good, we'd have a lot fewer problems.
When I was growing up, I was horrendously shy. I never learned how to swim (and consequently missed out on a lot of fun with my friends) because I was too shy to be seen in a swimsuit. This attitude came from my parents and grew progressively worse as I aged. By high school, I never wore shorts, never went barefoot and always wore long-sleeved shirts. Only my head and hands would ever be visible, even on the hottest days of the year.
A number of years ago I decided to overcome my various fears by facing them in the most extreme was possible. When it came time to confront my self-conciousness, I went to a nudist resort. I was very nervous and uncomfortable at first, but (seriously) after 10 minutes, I hardly even noticed I was naked and felt really relaxed and free. It was in no way shape or form sexual. The resort was family-oriented and all ages, races and body types were represented. I only stayed a short while but was determined to go again. My second visit lasted several hours and I wish I could have stayed longer. It was a wonderful experience to be out and about in nature the way nature created us. Many of you will think I am a pervert, I suppose, but I find it sad that so few people are able to enjoy such a relaxing, natural experience.
There is a Japanese saying that there are no secrets between naked people and I find it quite true. There is also no self-conciousness and no feelings of inferiority. A McDonalds employee could be talking to a multi-millionaire and m=neither of them would know it, because they would both be the same. It's amazing how much clothing can seperate people.