Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #51
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It's strange how talking about topless in a forum won't get you into trouble. but talking about bottomless will. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 10:00 PM   #52
Tancred
White Dragon

What's wrong with people? Doesn't anyone feel the COLD in New York?!?

Seriously, though, I'm scared that all this furore might make walking aorund topless fashionable. From then on we're in the hands of the clothes designers, and ye gods are we in trouble after that...
Old 04-24-2003, 10:02 PM   #53
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
What's wrong with people? Doesn't anyone feel the COLD in New York?!?

Seriously, though, I'm scared that all this furore might make walking aorund topless fashionable. From then on we're in the hands of the clothes designers, and ye gods are we in trouble after that...
I still don't see the bad in all of this [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 10:06 PM   #54
Tancred
White Dragon

You think that... and then you have to wear the bloody things too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #55
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I say this with complete honesty, not a chance in hell [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 11:56 PM   #56
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

I just want to add my uplifting firm support for this thread. And to raise a cup in thanks of being kept abreast of the latest happenings. I will be busting to tune in to Tokyo radio especially during those colder days. I just hope it will not be a national geographic show [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-25-2003, 12:15 AM   #57
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
I just want to add my uplifting firm support for this thread. And to raise a cup in thanks of being kept abreast of the latest happenings. I will be busting to tune in to Tokyo radio especially during those colder days. I just hope it will not be a national geographic show [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Heh, yea, and pretty soon the entire world will turn into a great, big version of Amsterdame [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #58
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
The New York Supreme Court found today that if men can go topless and not be arrested then women can, too. This decision was the result of a woman being arrested for going topless at Coney Island. The woman is also receiving $10,000 in damages.

Sauce for the goose?
Got a link Reeka? I heard it was settled out of court. BTW, you folks should know that in New York the "Supreme Court" is the *lowest* court of general jurisdiction. Their naming system is bass-ackwards.

Assuming it SETTLED, which I think is correct, here's my take on it: The breast-wiggler in question was being bankrolled by some women's rights groups who have no other purpose than to take issues like this all the way up the ladder appealing them. Some smart attorneys told the City that it could fight it out, spending at a minimum $500K on attorneys and PR wonks over the next few years as it was appealed all the way up, or buy the lady off for $10K, which is chump change comparatively.

Oh, and just so you can compare the idiocy of the system: in strip clubs (that serve alcohol) in NY the women can only go topless on stage and CANNOT give topless dances. Now there are all-nudes in NY but those do not serve alcohol.

I'm just saying - wouldn't it be stoooopid if the stripper could walk bare-chested to work, but then had to put on some skimpy top once she got there. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 11:30 AM   #59
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Somehow, I don't think that just because it is legal, New York will suddenly become full of topless women.

Doesn't quite click with my knowledge of the opposite sex...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 04-25-2003, 01:18 PM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Doesn't Cloudbringer live in New York?

Tin hat!
Ahem... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] That better be one heck of a big hat Pastry Dearest! Besides, isn't that alumininum?