Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 09:34 PM   #71
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Scorpio... Rare ctober one (I know tons of Scorpios born in November... Hmmmm, what happens 9 months earlier here-abouts? ) 1962: Year of the 'water' Tiger

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-10-2001, 09:35 PM   #72
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

As for the handwriting analysis, I have seen a few TV programs related to that topic. But I have to wonder about that as well, because a lot of my handwriting is basically "copycatting" other's handwriting letters that I particularly liked when I was younger. My "g's" do not have a curve, but go straight down. I also write "a's" like you see in this text. Not really my personality, per se, but borrowed from another, so analyzing would be faulty for me?

If I can but in? (I am anyway, lol!)
'Borrowing' ways of forming letters is normal. You 'borrow' what suits you and make it your own. You do this all through your life. If you have a piece of your handwriting from , say, 10 yrs ago - even 5 - compare it with your current style and see what has changed! I myself changed my d's about 20 yrs ago 'cos I liked the lower case Greek delta better and found it more comfortable to write with my style than the stiff, upright 'd'. A handwriting analyst doesn't care where you borrowed from, only that you use it

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-10-2001, 09:55 PM   #73
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Plank NO!!!! er I mean Peaty (If anyone get that I be amazed)Okay I'll stop saying DUNG BEETLE if you put Peaty down, mind you I only said DUNG BEETLE once it was like I turned DUNG BEETLE into my signature or anything. sigh what so bad about the words DUNG BEETLE anyway, it a nice creature the humble DUNG BEETLE. So is it a deal I'll stop saying DUNG BEETLE if you give me Peaty and not throw me in to the hippo dung, which is full of DUNG BEETLE I mean there hundreds of DUNG BEETLE in there.

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 04-10-2001).]
OK GABRIEL. I FORGIVE YOU AND RETURN PEATY IN YOUR GENTLE CARE ONCE AGAIN. I'LL TAKE THE DUNG BEETLE AND TOSS IT IN AN, ERR, PROPER PLACE! DO NOT WORRY, PEATY WAS CARED FOR IN HIS CAPTIVITY, AND WE ACTUALLY BECAME FRIENDS IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, HE IS VERY SMART AND CHARMING FOR A PLANT. HE SAID HE WOULD GROW A VINE FOR ME AND EVERYTHING, WHATAGREAT PLANT! ANYWHO, HERE YOU GO (*Ladyzekke hands Gabriel Peaty the Potted Plant*), PEATY IN ALL HIS GLORY.

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 10:10 PM   #74
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
If I can but in? (I am anyway, lol!)
'Borrowing' ways of forming letters is normal. You 'borrow' what suits you and make it your own. You do this all through your life. If you have a piece of your handwriting from , say, 10 yrs ago - even 5 - compare it with your current style and see what has changed! I myself changed my d's about 20 yrs ago 'cos I liked the lower case Greek delta better and found it more comfortable to write with my style than the stiff, upright 'd'. A handwriting analyst doesn't care where you borrowed from, only that you use it

Yes you are correct Fljotsdale, I do incorporate other's ideas in not only my handwriting, but also my way of speech (if I am around someone long enough, it will be a sure thing that I end up laughing exactly like them for some reason!)

Yes for some reason, I like the straight dropdown for letters with tails. The curves seem extremely feminine and although I AM feminine, because of my life experiences, I tend to take the rougher side as to be able to be tough and defend myself physically and intellectually, so I go for the more sharp handwriting. "back off, cause I can keep up with you if you make me!!" Yes, I can be defensive, but that is because I have had no choice throughout my lifetime so far.

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 10:29 PM   #75
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ladyzekke? Yeah, I used to use straight dropdown g's and p's etc. I also have had a tough life, but now I have curves again - not strong curves, just gentle ones, and not on all the letters that fall below the line either, just some. At one period, I used to do a sort of hard backward-facing jag at the end of the stroke as well. I figure it probably indicated anger! This was at the time I found myself mentally planning how to murder my husband and not be found out.... I got a divorce instead, lol!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #76
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Yes, tis the "real deal" of it in a nutshell! I'd like to see someone describe me to a "T" so to speak. Good luck. Only I can do that.

Funny, you really remind me of Yorick. No wonder you two are such good friends! Hey, isn't Yorick a Saggitarius too? HAHA! (laughing)

No

------------------

Gonna run through the jungle!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #77
Ladyzekke

Wha? No?

Ayecht! Foiled again!

Test 2 - Failure

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 04-10-2001).]
Old 04-10-2001, 11:07 PM   #78
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
OACHH! - There you are you naughty one! YOU LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE AND ROLL YOUR DUNG ELSEWHERE! DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE! HEY, I HAVE PEATY YOU KNOW. IF YOU DON'T CEASE AND DESIST YOUR DUNG BEETLE, YOU MAY NOT SEE PEATY AGAIN. WE CAN AMICABLY MAKE AN EXCHANGE IF YOU LIKE. YOU GIVE ME THE DUNG BEETLE AND I'LL GIVE YOU PEATY. WHAT SAY YOU?
OH MY! ROTFL... somehow nothing quite covers it...LADYZEKKE ...you are BEYOND on a roll tonight... you have me splitting my sides...oh and you too Gabriel! BWAHAHAHHA

Cloudbringer
Harbinger of the White Skies

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #79
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Ladyzekke? Yeah, I used to use straight dropdown g's and p's etc. I also have had a tough life, but now I have curves again - not strong curves, just gentle ones, and not on all the letters that fall below the line either, just some. At one period, I used to do a sort of hard backward-facing jag at the end of the stroke as well. I figure it probably indicated anger! This was at the time I found myself mentally planning how to murder my husband and not be found out.... I got a divorce instead, lol!

You are very interesting to talk to I must say! I hope we can converse again, as I need to get some sleep now. Well maybe someday I will find some "curves" in my writing, but as of now I am still all straight angles (this is who I am love it or leave it. Doh!) You know, maybe there is a wee bit of true insight re handwriting after all. Recently I was talking with Asphixiate about what kind of fonts I would like for my sig name. I told him I wanted bold sharp angles because I felt that would personify my "sig" correctly, not thinking mayhap I was subconciously personifying myself!

No doubt, divorce is much easier than pillow smothering LOL!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 11:13 PM   #80
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Cloudbringer that's great news regarding the cable

Just had major dramas this end for the last couple of hours, with the mother of all crashes. My poor bro' had just finished doing an absolute shitload of tedious, tedious work, hours of it then pop...off she went. He went schizoid, proper ballistic, the poor guy hadn't saved whatever it was he was doing. He hasn't stopped berating himself for his "foolishness" since and he knows he's gotta do it all again from scratch tommorrow.

Sorry I got so hung up on posting and I was enjoying myself so much that the time just flew by and I forgot to mail you. I had meant to mail you to say that I couldn't link up until he was done. It's gone 2am now and I'm yawning so I guess another opportunity has gone begging...sorry CB.
Not to worry! I know my Charlie wouldn't blow me off intentionally! Besides, I was having fun reading your posts and posting my own! We'll have lots of opportunites. Promise! And if my cable gets set up ok on Friday, it should be sooo much better! I am sooo excited about it! LadyZ tells me it will amaze me how much faster it goes!

Tell frugal I'm really sorry about this crash! Argh! All that work! Kiss the wee bairns for me too. See you tomorrow!

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever