Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For those of you who are using or romancing Anomen,

HERE BE SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Okay, I'm a Neutral Good Blade, romancing Anomen. I don't know if this bug is part of the Anomen Romance, or just part of Anomen's quest--probably the latter.

Early romance dialogues went fine. Got the message that Moira was dead, talked to Dad, did the Lawful thing. Headed on over to Spellhold. A few romance dialogues while in Chapters 4-5. Emerged from the Underdark, got summoned for his Test. Passed, big group hug. Got laid. Got vampirized, got resurrected. Then, got another message: Pa Delryn just bit it, and would not have bit it had Anomen made the right decision and stood by his Pop. Anomen immediately dashes off, to (assumedly) wreak vengeance on Saerk for having demolished his family. On the rest of the party's arrival in the Bridge District, we enter the 2nd floor of Saerk's Estate, and the Guards wilt like cut grass upon our approach. A servant tell us that a former Paladin of the Radiant Heart had burst in and murdered Saerk, and is now "in deep seclusion within the Order."

I head on over to the Radiant Heart. Checked every room, he ain't there. Talked to every single person, nobody knows anything.
Checked the Delryn Estate, the Temple of Helm, the Council of Six building, the Prison, nothing. Slept for days waiting for something to happen. Nada.

Things I might have done to screw up:
1) In our most recent Lovetalk, I chose the 2nd-most lovey-dovey thing. It sounded positive, but not as "I love you to the ends of the earth" as the #1 answer. Anomen said that he had hoped that I felt the same way toward him as he did toward me, but that that would be too much to hope for.
2) After losing Anomen (and some damn good equipment, I might add), I disbanded the rest of the party (Nalia, Imoen, Valygar, & Mazzy) as well, and went & picked up Korgan, Jan, Jaheira, Keldorn, and Cernd, so I could do their quests. This "second party" lasted quite a while--long enough to do Korgan's quest, drop him for Edwin, and spend a few weeks running back & forth from the Forest of Tethir to see Edwin's quest all the way through. I'm afraid that this long delay may have made the game 'forget' to put Anomen back.
3) In the long delay mentioned above, we did Jaheira's Harper quests, but not to completion--We killed Dermin, but waited and rested and waited, but no Harper Pin. Could a choke in the Jaheira quest have choked up the Anomen quest?

Okay, that's enough boring text from me for one night.

[ 01-17-2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 01-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Just guessing, but maybe doing the Knighthood after the Underdark had something to do with it? I know the chance is minimal, but still...
Old 01-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #3
rhapsody407
Manshoon

deep in seclusion...that suggests that he's long gone, maybe to show up again later, maybe not. have you had any past experience with this romance which clarifies whether this is a bug, or whether it was made to be this way?
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by rhapsody407:
deep in seclusion...that suggests that he's long gone, maybe to show up again later, maybe not. have you had any past experience with this romance which clarifies whether this is a bug, or whether it was made to be this way?
Sadly, no. I've had Anomen in my party before, but we always finished SoA before we get the 2nd Messenger, the one that brought news of Cor's death. This is my first time romancing him.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:45 PM   #5
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that there is actually a time limit involved when Anomen leaves your party. Had you actually gone right after him,.........
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
what should have happened was that you would have found him at Saerk's confronting the murderer of Moira. You would then have some dialogue options which include one that convinces Anomen to spare Saerk and let the law take its course. Afterwards, everything is hunky-dory.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:38 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Six, a question for The Quiz, 2E:
Q: Is it possible to successfully finish Anomen's romance?
A: No.

I had the romance, but he failed the test and attacked me (read: got killed). Has anyone ever got the romance through?
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:27 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Sounds like you may be right, Desuma.....it looks like the odds are 50/50: Either you have to go after Anomen right away, or (as is oh so often the case) the quest just up and choked for no real reason. As this seems to happen most often in all quests that take a long time to complete (such as the romances), I wish there was a place where I could learn how to check the individual variables and fix what got stuck.

I have YET to see the end of Jaheira's Harper quests, in ANY of my games.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Vedran, keeping Anomen is indeed possible, whether he failed his Test or not (you've just got to be very careful what you say to him after he fails). His romance seems to be pretty straightforward, but his non-romance quest (his dealings with his father and Saerk) is a nasty one.....the gods really have it in for Anomen.

In one of my pervious games, I ran a Neutral party and kept a Chaotic Neutral Anomen all through ToB....it was fun to hear him talk about the pompous jerks he left behind at the Order, and was very glad that I'd helped save him from such a fate.