Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #11
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I can assure you that you will be meeting a number of professional Englishmen in the pub. And one Polish Glaswegian who assures me that Aberdonians share a common interest of an ovine kind with the Welsh and New Zealanders.
This is all a misunderstanding. When it gets chilly here, naturally, we like to pull on a woolly jumper. Baaah

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-14-2003, 06:56 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
quote:
I can assure you that you will be meeting a number of professional Englishmen in the pub. And one Polish Glaswegian who assures me that Aberdonians share a common interest of an ovine kind with the Welsh and New Zealanders.
This is all a misunderstanding. When it gets chilly here, naturally, we like to pull on a woolly jumper. Baaah [/QUOTE]LOL - I've finalised the itinerary for Davros on Thursday:

10.30 British Museum

1.30 The National Gallery

4.30 Geology Museum

6.30 Royal Opera House for a performance of Tristan and Isolde

What fun we will have!!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-14-2003, 07:17 AM   #13
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
LOL - I've finalised the itinerary for Davros on Thursday:

10.30 British Museum

1.30 The National Gallery

4.30 Geology Museum

6.30 Royal Opera House for a performance of Tristan and Isolde

What fun we will have!!

Where's the cider?

Mouse
Old 11-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:

Where's the cider?
I've decided I need to do my bit to bring culture to the Aussies. So we'll be forgoing the delights of the apple, hop and grape.

Now when you get here I plan visits to the sleaze pots of the city - Soho or Kings's Cross. A visit to one of the oldest pubs in the world, rebuilt after the Great Fire of London in 1966. Maybe a visit to a Vicars & Tarts bar, Spearmint Rhinos or Grab a Granny night at the Townhouse!

Lanesra knows all the low spots of London Town so I'm relying on him.

[ 11-14-2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-14-2003, 11:57 AM   #15
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Light Bulb

Quote:
A visit to one of the oldest pubs in the world, rebuilt after the Great Fire of London in 1966.
I read about that in history. Wasn't that when a bunch of celebratory bonfires, lit in honour of a Russian Linesman, got out of hand. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Mouse
Old 11-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #16
Donut
Jack Burton

Too funny Mouse! Gotta run - the pub calls!

Old 11-14-2003, 02:14 PM   #17
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

When in doubt of how to reply... make a funny!

Carlos Spencer goes into the All Black changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum. "What's up?" he asks. "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but we've just beaten
Wales and South Africa in consecutive weeks and let's be honest it's only Australia. They're crap and we can't be bothered". Carlos looks at them and says "Well, the way I've been playing recently, I reckon I can beat these by
myself, you lads go down the pub." So Carlos goes out to play Australia by himself and the rest of the New Zealand team go off for a few jars. After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the telly on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "New Zealand 7 - Australia (Spencer - 10 minutes - Converted Try)". He is beating Australia all by himself! Anyway, the telly goes off and a few more pints later the game is
forgotten until someone remembers, "Strike me lucky, it must be full time now, let's see how Carlos got on".

They put the telly back on. "Result from the Stadium: New Zealand 7 (Spencer 10 minutes) - Australia 7 (Sailor 79 minutes)". They can't believe it, Carlos has single handedly got a draw against Australia!! They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down." says Carlos. "Don't be an idiot, you drew against Australia, all by yourself. And they only scored in the last minute!" says the rest of the team.

"No, No, I have" says Spencer, "I've let you and the whole of NZ down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"

and back at ya leonis... nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, green and gold are not gonna be at the final
Old 11-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #18
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Just what us Ka Mate if I may ask? Anyway... yeah it will win! Go Ka mate! Go! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #19
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

lol, the title of the thread is Leonis trying to recreate a centuries old Maori challenge, also known as a "haka"

It is customary for our rugby team, the All Blacks, to issue this challenge before any of their games [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://folksong.org.nz/ka_mate/ is a link describing the haka and what it symbolises, I highly recomend playing the MP3 version to get the pronunciation of the words right [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]