Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 06:05 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No - I am not kiddin anyone - that was me best Welsh accent me boyo, and as we speak the Welsh are puttin the English rugby team to the sword. St George is getting flamed mightily by the Welsh dragons as we speak.

Let's all hope the Welsh keep up the good work in the second half [img]smile.gif[/img] . If that happens we can all sit back and wait for Donut to arrive so we can put a huge helping of "crow" on his plate .

For those who are interested, the Welsh lead 10-3 at half time, but they are playing those slow chariots off the park and the campaign of the mighty English is in big danger of swingin out of control .

I seem to recall the Wesh knocking England out in a quarterfinal in Brisbane back in 1987 - history repeating itself?

[ 11-09-2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 11-09-2003, 07:13 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hard luck to the taffy munchers - ole Clive pulled a masterstroke by putting a real fly half on to organise the campaign. They left Wilko on to do the kicking, but the drive and organisation that that Kat dude gave them was really something.

I think the Welsh ran out of belief in themselves early on in the 2nd half. I think they were plenty good enough. but as a young team on the rise they just were unused to having success and lacked that level of conviction needed to close the deal.

Match stats had them with 75% of the tries (3-1), from only 30% of the posession, and by my judgement they demonstrated 80% of the flair on show.

Watch out for the Welsh in the next 4 years.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #3
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

We would like to appologise for the premature celebrations of the above poster.

Normal service has now been restored. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The only sword on display at the end of the match, was a wilkinson sword.

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:22 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
We would like to appologise for the premature celebrations of the above poster.

Normal service has now been restored. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The only sword on display at the end of the match, was a wilkinson sword.

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.
Did you notice it took them till the 60th minute for the crowd to start singing that favourite little ditty of yours .

Good to hear from you buddy - I am looking forward to quaffing a cider or two with you real soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:25 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Wakes up from the slumber induced by weeks of poor matches and begins to feign interest in the semi finals. Could we have an Australia V England final? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

I hope so, there is nothing as fun as letting a land of sporting near misses get so close only to be dashed upon the rocks of outrageous fortune

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hiya Wellard - you would have enjoyed the first Rugby League test on the weekened wouldn;t you? . I thought the mighty Aussies were going to suffer an embarassing defeat, but they came through in the end [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 11-09-2003, 10:17 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Wakes up from the slumber induced by weeks of poor matches and begins to feign interest in the semi finals. Could we have an Australia V England final? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
aha, but to do that would require the beating of the All Blacks next weekend. Do the wallabies have it in them? Only time will tell... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 05:31 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hiya Wellard - you would have enjoyed the first Rugby League test on the weekened wouldn;t you? . I thought the mighty Aussies were going to suffer an embarassing defeat, but they came through in the end [img]smile.gif[/img] .
If we play with 13 men we'll slap you about! Fantastic performance by the 12 men although you were all over us for the first 12 seconds!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-10-2003, 05:33 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

A morsl victory for the Taffs. Personally I'd rather be playing in Sydney next sunday.

Bring on the Frogs!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-10-2003, 05:35 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

I'll hide this in here because the majority won't understand it:

The sig is safe again until the next time! For 69 minutes I was worried I might have to sort out a new one!