Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 07:08 PM   #11
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I joined Keldorn's Order because I liked the guys in it, and because I like playing a Cavalier.
I joined ORT because Aelia invited me after the Great Modding Mage battle, and like Neb, because it was silly.
I joined HADB, because that was the only place that I liked to post during the Great December/January Silence.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-26-2002, 04:56 PM   #12
Elif Godson
Dracolich

uhm [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] well :uhoh: I was bored and Avatar, aka Weisei seemed like a cheerfull enough person to help raise my spirit's. Thus this rouge was appointed a high status and eventually took over the running of the Aerie Loving Sacred Band. That is of course until Avatar wishes it back. So let the decadence begin. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 05:05 PM   #13
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
It was the best of times...., it was the worst of times.

Actually it was the slowest of times, and on one dreary afternoon, when there was only myself, OTP, and Binky about - THE FORUM WAS TAKEN HOSTAGE .

Having formed this triumvirate to make a grab for power, a name had to be devised. The first option proposed (it was one of the other 2 - honest) was ORT, or Order of the Royal Toads. I immediately rejected it and proposed the Ironworks Revolutionaly Splitters (no-one messes with the IRS), but owing to the slow post times and flood control etc we ended up adopting ORT, discarding it for IRS, OK, sorry I didn't realise we had selected ORT - argggghhhhh - ORT it is and that's final OK .

Our main demands were vegemite sandwiches, wall posters of sultry archbabe elflets, Cloudlet to croon (err sing) for us, and Memsie to dance in a Tutu (oh and Binky prefers Nutella to Vegemite - go figure ). We did get Cloudlet to warble a sultry version of "Happy Birthday Mr President", and I still have the proof on .WAV file LOL. Memsie to this day has refused to dance for us - so to compensate we got our own "Nekked Dancing Trio" - turns out they were much better to watch than your average "Super Mario" .

Ohhhh Davros... The Memories.. That Was A Sunday To Remember! (I Remember It Was Sunday Because OTP Went To Church And Got Locked In The Confession Booth (We Figured Because He Left For "One Hour" And Was Next Seen Two Days Later!! Hehehe))
The Ort Is Still Going And Is One Of The Most Active Clans! (We Rule) Although Sadly Davros And OTP Dont Drop By Too Often.. YOU SHOULD BOYS! I Remember Cloudy Joined Us After Laughing Alot At Our Thread Demands And Our 'Hounour' System Of Not Posting. That Didn't Go Down Well!
I Also Remember The Feud Between ORT And ALSB When Neb Desicrated Their Sacred Statue And Beheaded It!
I Wonder What The Ort Would Be Like Today If It Was Ever Called The IRS. Hmmm, I Wonder.
Well, Since The Beginning We Have Done many Things Including Make 13 ORT Buildings And Invent Two Types Of Sweets! (Marshmellows And Bon-Bons)
Pop By To The ORT And Join Today For Fun Frolics And Food! But Above All... Nekkedness!! Hehehehe!

The Ort Page

EDIT: If The Pic Dosent Show, Right Click And Press: Show Picture... Its Fairly Simple Really!

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]

Old 02-26-2002, 05:19 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Just Remembered Another Detail On How The ORT Started.
That Sunday Morning, No-One Was Online. So I Think It Was OTP Or Maybe Me Posted A Thread About How Dead The Board Was (This Was On GD) And How No-One Was Online. Me And Davros Responded And We All Got Talking About Vegemite And Nuttela. (Don't Ask ) Davros Or OTP Came Up With The Idea Of Taking The Board Hostage, And We All Agreed. Another Thread Was Made: This Board Is Being Taken Hostage.
We Made Up An Honour System In Which No-one But Negotiators And Us Were Allowed To Post (To Which No-one Sticked To) And Made Lots Of Demands Including A Singinging Cloudy And Many Many Sandwhiches. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Memsie Came Into The Thread And Completely Dismissed Our Plans. But WE Wouldn't Have It! WE Were Strong!
To Fight Back This Evil, We Came Up With A Witty Name For The Trio. OTP Decided The Order Of Royal Toads, Davros; The Ironworks Revolutionary Splitters, And Due To Out Of Sync Posting, We Ended Up Ignoring Davros.
To Get Revenge On Memsie, We Wanted Him To Dance In A Tu-Tu (Which We Never Got [img]smile.gif[/img] )
But, The Trio Of Terrorists Grew And Grew Into The Nekked Loving 'Clan' You Know Today!!
That Is All I Can Remember For Now!
Old 02-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #15
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

uuuh,relatively new here.what exactly are the clans anyway?
Old 02-26-2002, 07:06 PM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
uuuh,relatively new here.what exactly are the clans anyway?

Ah, Khazadman, we meet again. Clans are just a bunch of your friends on the boards, kind of like a club or fraternity/sorority I advise you to look into them, mainly on the Roleplay forum, and then e-mail the clan leader if you want to join. Sometimes there are tests, sometimes (like the ORT), there are ritual humiliations. But, it's a great way to meet your favorite brand of loony. Some of them do adventures, some have wars, some do nothing at all except tease each other.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-26-2002, 10:52 PM   #17
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Because ORT is such a fun clan!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-27-2002, 03:13 AM   #18
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The creation of the OOM...

I was thinking about it for a long time (nothing better to do while IW was down!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and eventually decided 'ach, what the hey!!'... as for the name, I stole it from the Harry Potter series of books [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 04:09 AM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:

Ohhhh Davros... The Memories.. That Was A Sunday To Remember!

Although Sadly Davros And OTP Dont Drop By Too Often.. YOU SHOULD BOYS!

Hiya buddy,

I do drop by now and then, just to ensure the place is running well. Your "goddess" usually takes good care of everyone - don't tell her I said that though - wouldn't want her to start thinking she was omnipotent now, would we .
Old 02-27-2002, 08:04 AM   #20
Drake
Baaz Draconian

It just seamed like a good idea at the time...