Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2002, 10:25 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I still don't get curling completely either, but you have to love a sport where the rules make the winners buy drinks for the losers. And MSNBC had loads of curling on! Almost every other day!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-27-2002, 06:18 AM   #12
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

I was really pissed off.... russia was stripped of their medals. The girl who was first and came first didnt get any medal cos of the doping test. Instead the USA got gold and bronze. Outrageous! They didnt even let them substitute her, just threw out the whole team. I dont wanna scream out bad words here now. Week ago russia had 5 gold USA 4, now russia has 5 gold and USA 9. Arghhhhh.... USA is way outta the line. I remember once there was announced that OLG would be in russia. Then russia threw war with Afghanistan cos they were stealing their weapons and killing civilians. Then all of a sudden whole world said that they wont come, that its war with country like afghanistan. And USA didint come. Now look, USA threw a war at afghan and everybody HAD TO COME

This sucked, they feed em with crap and hamburgers no wonder they didnt pass test.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:45 AM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom of might and magic:
I was really pissed off.... russia was stripped of their medals. The girl who was first and came first didnt get any medal cos of the doping test. Instead the USA got gold and bronze. Outrageous! They didnt even let them substitute her, just threw out the whole team. I dont wanna scream out bad words here now. Week ago russia had 5 gold USA 4, now russia has 5 gold and USA 9. Arghhhhh.... USA is way outta the line. I remember once there was announced that OLG would be in russia. Then russia threw war with Afghanistan cos they were stealing their weapons and killing civilians. Then all of a sudden whole world said that they wont come, that its war with country like afghanistan. And USA didint come. Now look, USA threw a war at afghan and everybody HAD TO COME

This sucked, they feed em with crap and hamburgers no wonder they didnt pass test.

Actually, the Russian Cross Country skier who was stripped of a Gold Medal for testing positive for a performance enhancing drug won a total of 3 gold medals. He's lucky they didn't take all three, instead of just taking his most recent. The Russian female cross country skier didn't win any medals. They were the only two Russians kicked out of the games, not the whole team.

I will also point out that the Spainish skater who tested positive, was kicked out, and lost his gold medal actually lost it the Russia skater who originally won silver, so Russia didn't lose a gold medal at all through this, though their total medal count was diminished by one.

Keep in mind, whether or not you think the US would alter the games if it had the power isn't important because the US is only the host country, and does not run the Olympic committee or make their decisions for them.

By the way, Russia's invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 was quite different than the co-operative effort that is taking place in Afghanistan now. The US didn't make anyone come to these Olympics, your country could have boycotted them, as many nations boycotted yours in 1980, if they had wanted to , but that would have been a bit ridiculous since Russia is part of the coalition effort in Afghanistan today.

Oh yeah, burgers and fries don't make performance enhancing drugs magically appear in the bloodstream, but even if they did, what the heck would an olympic competitor be doing eating burgers and fries? If that's part of the training maybe it explains Russia's less than average showing

Be unhappy about the results if you want, but don't blame the US. Talk to the Olympic Committee, your problem is with them not US.

Oh, and thanks to Ryanamur for the nice post!

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Old 02-27-2002, 10:54 PM   #14
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Congrats to all you Americans in producing a magnificient winter Olympic. It had its ups and downs but overall, it was great. For your nation to pull this one off certainly proves that you are on a good road to recovery.

My hat's off to you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you very much!
I was very worried after Atlanta that we would never get away without some form of violence or another from some nutcase.
(whew!)

I really look forward to seeing the summer games played in Greece!