Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 03:52 PM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

After downloading and playing with Dale Keeper, I saved some minor changes I made to characters. When I went to start the game, it wouldnt run... Instead I got a message window that said "An Assertion failed in CBaldurChitin.cpp at line 896. Programmer says: No tlk file."

Anyone understand this? It has never happened before, only right after I used DAle Keeper. Could that have somehow corrupted the files? I tried restarting the computer.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance...

David
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 05:08 PM   #2
DragonAscending
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidL:
After downloading and playing with Dale Keeper, I saved some minor changes I made to characters. When I went to start the game, it wouldnt run... Instead I got a message window that said "An Assertion failed in CBaldurChitin.cpp at line 896. Programmer says: No tlk file."

Anyone understand this? It has never happened before, only right after I used DAle Keeper. Could that have somehow corrupted the files? I tried restarting the computer.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance...

David
It sounds like you tried using DaleKeeper on Baldur's Gate. DaleKeeper is ONLY for Icewind Dale-HOW. There is another download for Baldur's Gate called ShadowKeeper which is by the same originator of DaleKeeper. You may have messed up your Baldur's Gate game by using the wrong program. Sorry I can't be of more help, but with the CBaldur... thingy it sounds like that is what happened. Also you cannot use the "keepers" while the game is actually running.

------------------
DragonAscending
DragonAscending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 06:15 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

i have bg, bg2, tob, iwd/how all installed and there is NO cbaldurchitin.cpp.... now chitin.cpp thats a different story. and problems like that can be solved one of three ways.

go to your game's "cache" file and delete it. if its a corrupted map, then that junks it. and when you reload a new saved game to replay, it recreates the cache folder.

if that doesnt work, repatch the game and re-open it.

if its not a corrupted map and repatching didnt help, then you may have a corrupted file. doubtful that keeper did it however. try reloading the save prior to the keeper save and see what happens. if it acts normal, delete your keeper save. then try again with keeper to make the alterations you want. remember that you might be trying something that shouldnt be done. like award proficiency points in a weapon unavailable to the char, etc.

if all that doesnt work, you may have to reinstall.

dragonascending had a very good point. altho, i don't think you can crossover files and actually make and save them from keeper to keeper. i will have to try it and see what occurs.

(*lol* after i play tob and d2x some more! im having way too much fun. it should be illegal to have this much fun!)

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 07-02-2001).]
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 08:17 PM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Keeper can cause problems if you place items where they don't belong. Say if you give yourself a sheild in one hand and a bow or two handed weapon in the other.
Also if you put a weapon in a quick item slot. Vessel has covered most of the other stuff though.

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote