Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
crymson77
Manshoon

Im getting ready to head to the underdark and I'm just wondering which NPC's to bring. Mainly, who not to bring, like which ones will get along for the trip, unlike Viconia and Keldorn, or Aerie and Korgan. I don't want to get out there and have Aerie running off like a baby or Keldorn killing Viconia. I need Party thats gonna stick together. I have Keldorn in my party right know and I just kicked out Viconia to avoid their battle, but if I bring her back will he keep his trap shut long enough for us to make it back from the underdark. I also kicked Aerie out just before Korgon scares her off. If I bring her with us will she really just take off in the middle of the underdark and leave us for dead? Where does she go after that anyway? Is she gone for good?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I think that Aerie would rather brave the Underdark than continue existing with someone like Korgan, but I could be wrong. But know this: There is little worse than being stuck in the Underdark without a cleric. Before you go, I suggest investing in a Rod of Resurrection, Scrolls of Restoration, and items like that.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
crymson77
Manshoon

Thanks man. Definatley. But specifically which NPCs will tiff to the point of leaving the party?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 AM   #4
Andraste
Manshoon

Others may correct me on this, but I have the feeling that none of these sort of actions are triggered durring the time when you cannot return to Amn to deal with the resulting issues (such as taking on new party members).

The down side is that everything can hit you at once the second you step out of the underdark. I had problems with one game when the timer for being ambushed as part of the Harper quest had expired, yet if I defended myself in the resulting battle all the elves in the area went hostile, with the curtailment of the main plot. I had to reload about 10 times, before I was lucky enough to avoid the spawning.

Don't blame me if it does not work for you, but I once took Airie and Korgan with me out to Spellhold, and not only did they not argue while we were away, but on their return they seemed to have forgotten all about their differences and both stayed with me through to the final battle.

[ 07-25-2006, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Andraste ]
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
In order to avoid party squabbling completely, it is most logical to create a party with as similar alignments as you can. Minsc, Aerie, Nalia, Keldorn, Mazzy all work well together - mixing some neutrals in there is for the most part, fine also. (Jan, Cernd, Haer'Dalis.) Conversely, if you want some evil party members, Viconia, Edwin and Korgan all work fine as far as I know with the neutrals.

Personally, I really like in-party fighting for the power-dynamics and philosophical arguments it results in. [img]smile.gif[/img] Its a big part of the game's charm, roleplaying wise and there's usually an alternative solution to most problems.

Cheers,
CD
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #6
crymson77
Manshoon

I totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I love all the bickering and fighting. Its just, if you have people like Keldorn and Viconia in the party together long enough, they eventually remove themselves from the group and actually start fighting to the death. Then, who ever wins, joins back up and acts like nothing happened. Its quite entertaining actually , but I just dont want to get stuck in the under dark with four NPCs when I came in with five...

[ 07-26-2006, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: crymson77 ]