Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have completed BG2 before, but now I'm attempting to do it again, and doing all the side quests so I can maximize XP for Throne of Bhaal. I am currently stuck in the Haer Dhalis quest -- I killed the mage, but now I can't find the item/key to open the altar and get the gem. Do I need to hit the beholders first? where and what do I do? Are there any sites that have walkthroughs with all the side quests, so I can check them out as I go?
Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Turtle
jturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

If you're looking for Walkthroughs check the Ironworks main page and
www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii
and
http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/
Old 11-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...gh-index.shtml

IIRC there is a pretty damned thourough walthru there. Try it and see [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by jturtle2:
I am currently stuck in the Haer Dhalis quest -- I killed the mage, but now I can't find the item/key to open the altar and get the gem.
The gem cannot be obtained as long as Mekrath is both alive and in his home. But since you've killed him, getting the gem is (almost) as simple as walking over to it and picking it up. No Beholder-killin' required, just search the place (again).
Old 11-25-2003, 09:28 PM   #5
Fs.SaCuL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Beholder?

I don't recall of beholders in Haer'Dalis quest...
Old 11-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It was a metaphorical statement. SixOfSpades is just saying that one does not need to do anything hard to finish up this quest.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:39 AM   #7
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
quote:
Originally posted by jturtle2:
I am currently stuck in the Haer Dhalis quest -
The gem cannot be obtained as long as Mekrath is both alive and in his home. . . But since you've killed him, getting the gem is (almost) as simple as walking over to it and picking it up. . [/QUOTE] OK, i'm a bit nervous now but i'm fairly* sure that if you except Makrath's offer and 'take' Haer Dalis as your reward then he's freed in the same way as if you had killed his boss and the portal gem 'spawns' in that place where it then is

(*fairly sure in that my solo kensai did this less than a week ago but, well, its not every day i disagree with a guru )
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:34 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Armen:
OK, i'm a bit nervous now but i'm fairly* sure that if you except Makrath's offer and 'take' Haer Dalis as your reward then he's freed in the same way as if you had killed his boss and the portal gem 'spawns' in that place where it then is

(*fairly sure in that my solo kensai did this less than a week ago but, well, its not every day i disagree with a guru )
You are correct, and actually you're not disagreeing with me at all. You see, if you do Mekrath's little quest and take his 'slave' as your reward, Mekrath leaves. Dimension Door, gone. After that, you are free to collect the gem. Hence the careful wording in my response to jturtle2.

And the Beholders that jturtle2 and I mentioned are just random spawns in the Temple Sewers. You can fight them if 1) They appear and 2) You really want to, but they have nothing to do with Haer'Dalis.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:17 AM   #9
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

< shuffles out backwards bowing > [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote