Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Ironbar
Manshoon

Spoilers*************

I recently encountered Viconia(sp?) a dark elf lady in the gov district. I read what the people around her had to say but the next time i approached her she was automatically killed. I have since been told that by doing something to the ropes she can be freed. However, i cannot get close enough before they execute her. Is there anyway to stop this from happening or is she meant to die?

[ 07-28-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Ironbar ]
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

When you first see Viconia people are yelling at her Burn her...
Then you just come up to Viconia and click twice on the ropes.

[ 07-28-2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try using PAUSE when you first see her, then choose your PC and have him/her advance until they are right next to the stake she is tied to.

UN-PAUSE and click on the stake itself (ignore the dialogue going on). You should get two arrows forming a circle, which indicates you can manipulate the ropes on the stake. After you do that, just follow the options offered to your character.

SPOILER
If you choose to do nothing, Viconia will be killed, If you choose to free her, the crowd (and especially the Guards) will turn hostile and attack. After the fight, Viconia offers to join your party.

She is a very good cleric (the only single-class NPC cleric available), but she is also evil...so you will have to decide if she would "fit" with your party or not. She will not get along with certain NPC's (Keldorn specifically, and maybe Aerie also). She basically dislikes ANY "good-aligned" NPC, so keep that in mind when deciding if you want her or not.

If you choose NOT to take her, you can always use Aerie or Anomen for all your Healing needs.

But in answer to your original questions, you should be able to reach Viconia before she is executed...just don't stand around too long trying to make a decision..because you have seen that the guards and townsfolk won't wait on you.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin
The Magister

I'd just let her burn, she only takes reputation from you anyway. And, she taunts you every three seconds, until you get so annoyed with her that you polymorph her into a donkey and throw her into a group of constipated iron golems.

[ 07-28-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin ]
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 05:57 PM   #5
Maj
Drow Warrior

If you don't want her in your party (if you have a good party I recommend this because I took her and she left after I got to 20 rep.) I suggest you save her and then tell her you don't want her in your party, and if you change your mind later you can find her in the graveyard. And you said you couldn't get to her in time? Hmmm... do you have all the latest patches installed? It could be a bug. Hope I was able to help.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin:
I'd just let her burn, she only takes reputation from you anyway. And, she taunts you every three seconds, until you get so annoyed with her that you polymorph her into a donkey and throw her into a group of constipated iron golems.
You speak about your mother that way? Ungrateful children... pfft!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Try using PAUSE when you first see her, then choose your PC and have him/her advance until they are right next to the stake she is tied to.
Um....Cerek? If you were able to walk around while the game is Paused, I can imagine a lot more uses for that skill than freeing Drow.

Ironbar, what probably happened is that you interrupted the scene by walking away before Viconia got roasted. There's only a few seconds between when she asks you for help and the moment she dies, so when you return to the area, her timer has run out and she gets burned. Ways to try to get to her faster would include Hasting one or more of your party members, or if you feel like cheating, you can Teleport yourself right there. On the other hand, Viconia dying isn't going to ruin your game--she's not exactly a big loss, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
If you choose to do nothing, Viconia will be killed, If you choose to free her, the crowd (and especially the Guards) will turn hostile and attack.
Not quite true.....if you free her, the Fanatics will attack you, the people in the crowd just flee. And my Cavalier just freed her because he didn't like the Fantatics' bigotry....but then, he certainly wasn't going to kill Humans in order to protect a Drow, either. He just stood there while the Fanatics tried to pound on him (yeah, good luck, guys), and then wandered over to some Amnish Soldiers--who killed the Fanatics for him. Just another day in the life of a Paladin!

[ 07-28-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 07-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #8
jinny
Dungeon Master

u said ur rep went up to 20? then it was 18 before... she would eventually leave the party anyway because of ur high rep
Old 07-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #9
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by 605:
quote:
Originally posted by The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin:
You speak about your mother that way? Ungrateful children... pfft! [/QUOTE]How would you like to have a drow cleric, who worshipped the goddess of spiders as your mother? Nay, I was brought up by my father.
The Offspring of Viconia and Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

How would you like to have a man who was imprisoned by a spell-casting squirrel as your father?